Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Norrish Creek and Nicomen Slough  (Read 28367 times)

ja

Norrish Creek and Nicomen Slough
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

I was told that fishing these areas might be worthwhile.  I've never fished or even been to them before.  Is there enough current to short float them? Or should I just chuck spoons/spinners.  Also, I'm not asking for any secrets, but if anyone can email me a suggestion as to where in that area to go...(I really never have been around there before), that'd be much appreciated.  Thanks all!  Btw, is Norrish Creek also known as "Suicide Creek" or are they different places?

gman

Re: Norrish Creek and Nicomen Slough
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 04:49:56 PM »

Yes, Norrish and Suicide are the same. I know Nicomen is tidal, so the bite usually come son with the high tide. I don't realy fish these rivers myslef. Try it and let us know how you do.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 06:16:37 PM »

i've had success with blue fox spinners in the norrish and dewdney sloughs. fish the high tide.

BigCoho

• Roe Wizard
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »

best thing to do is take a drive and check it out rather than talk about is on the internet. With all the new sockey rods purchased this year, it could realy devistate a small sytem like suicide...
it has already taken a big hit the last 2 years

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »

best thing to do is take a drive and check it out rather than talk about is on the internet. With all the new sockey rods purchased this year, it could realy devistate a small sytem like suicide...

thank you!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »

If you notice the lack of discussion of these smaller rivers, there is good reason for that.  Best thing to do is to go out and see for yourself.  Better yet, make some friends with people on the rivers.  Most of my fishing buddies were people whom I met while fishing.  You will find that people will be more willing to share information on the river than on the internet.  The internet is a great place to talk about fishing methods and to find out about general water conditions.  I was fishing well before the internet even existed.  Part of the fun and challenge is to go out and explore and find these places for yourself.

Spiznack

• Dominion Lending Centres Alta Pacific Mortgages
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 12:30:10 AM »

If you notice the lack of discussion of these smaller rivers, there is good reason for that.  Best thing to do is to go out and see for yourself.  Better yet, make some friends with people on the rivers.  Most of my fishing buddies were people whom I met while fishing.  You will find that people will be more willing to share information on the river than on the internet.  The internet is a great place to talk about fishing methods and to find out about general water conditions.  I was fishing well before the internet even existed.  Part of the fun and challenge is to go out and explore and find these places for yourself.

well said .
For Mortgage advice call Carlos @ 778-846-2567

ja

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 09:15:04 AM »

Thanks gman and redtide for your useful replies.  I didn't know about fishing the tide out there.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »

Well said.
Let's keep details about those smaller flows offline, please.

I have been fishing some of them the last few weekends and had a really great time in a crowd-free environment.
Hopefully, it stays that way.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:26:22 PM »

Norrish and Nicomen a secret now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys but every tackle shop send people there because the fishing is usually decent.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:46:09 PM »

Norrish and Nicomen a secret now that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys but every tackle shop send people there because the fishing is usually decent.

Gotta agree. No secrets here.

And yes, the fishing is usually pretty decent. In fact I would offer that the coho bite better on this system than any other in the LM.

And yes I do fish here so its not a deflection on my part.
Actions speak louder than words.

Sir Snag-A-Lot

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2010, 04:21:35 PM »

That is for sure!  I'm not sure I agree with the last part any more though.  7 or 8 years ago maybe, but this system has been getting busier (and full of people using sockeye techniques) every year since message boards like this have been around. There used to be tons of awesome water to flyfish in the past but those days are gone...

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 05:19:57 PM »

That is for sure!  I'm not sure I agree with the last part any more though.  7 or 8 years ago maybe, but this system has been getting busier (and full of people using sockeye techniques) every year since message boards like this have been around. There used to be tons of awesome water to flyfish in the past but those days are gone...

I agree its much busier now than years ago. It doesnt bother me that its busier as both are a product of the Inch Creek Hatchery.

The Nicomen can be hit or miss though. If you dont time it right it will be a ghost town. If you hit it just right you could have a fantastic day. I dont see those sockeye techniques on the Nicomen. Its a muddy bottom so you cant bounce anything there.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Slayer

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2010, 05:21:54 PM »

By sockeye technique I think he's referring to snagging fish that don't bite.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

You can still grip and rip! ???