Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which political party do you believe would be better for fishery as a whole?

Liberal
- 9 (16.7%)
Conservatives
- 21 (38.9%)
NDP
- 8 (14.8%)
other
- 16 (29.6%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Which party is better for fishery?  (Read 25813 times)

mark

Re: Which party is better for fishery?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2005, 08:47:49 PM »

And how is that punishing the whole country when the Liberals are the ones stealing our personal taxes we work so damn hard for.

No_way

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2005, 08:59:46 PM »

And how is that punishing the whole country when the Liberals are the ones stealing our personal taxes we work so damn hard for.

OK, OK, I guess it's not punishment if you just want to show the country what REAL thieves and tyrants are like  ;D

And you won't catch me defending the liberals.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 02:05:38 AM »

i think in the end the problem is that ALL parties have caused , over the past few decades, a certain level of anti - trust. however there is nothing that compares, in my living knowledge, any type of federal scandal that falls under the scope of gomery report. Allowing further liberal leadership in my opinion ( and you are allowed to disagree) is not only detrimental to every canadian, it is akin to hiring a heroin junky to run a methadone clinic. And any provincial party who allows a convicted felon to "cpme back into the fold" and have a seat in the party such as the NDP is also troublesome, and should be an insult to every law abiding tax paying canadian who values justice and law, Crimminals should not be allowed any type of political office. I don't care how sorry mr. robinson claims to be.
oh well i ranting and this was supposed to be about fish......
can anyone come up with thier favorite polititian and why they would vote for them based soley on fish? i would like to hear some input for sure

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 05:24:26 AM »

i have twice seen people comment about body bags coming home
from iraq if the conservitaves were in office

funny  but our illustrious prime minister wanted us to join the coillition
but was voted down by cretan

funny also that no one is saying anything about body bags coming home from
AFGANISTAN

Sandhead

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2005, 07:30:28 AM »

funny also that no one is saying anything about body bags coming home from AFGANISTAN

Thats probably because most Canadians support the idea of United Nations Peacekeepers trying to avoid anarchy and choas in AFGANISTAN.  The difference between AFGANISTAN and IRAQ should be fairly obvious... the United Nations doesn't have an a vested interest in ensuring that AFGANISTAN's economy and resources get directed back to the occupying forces... Which is different in Iraq, where the United States and Haliburton do have huge interests in maintaining the status quo

Ain't no HO like a COHO

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2005, 07:41:02 AM »

That being said.... let me tell you one word: Heroin

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2005, 12:45:32 PM »

Afghanistan is the result of 911. Invasion of Iraq is an illegal war (if there is such a thing), trumped up by the Americans solely to get rid of Hussein on the pretext of "weapons of mass destruction". Over 2,000 servicemen died over there.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2005, 12:50:46 PM »

I lost a family member AND one of my oldest childhood friends as a result of canadian soldiers being sent to foriegn lands. Somalia claimed my uncle during a "routine" peacekeeping mission and my friend was KIA in a conflict in Rwanda. You know... to be honest... i'm not sure what pary was in office at that time.... i think i better check the dates and get back to you on that one.

Chris.... I think i understand your "one word" reply but can you elaborate?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2005, 01:14:50 PM »

Afghanistan is the result of 911. Invasion of Iraq is an illegal war (if there is such a thing), trumped up by the Americans solely to get rid of Hussein on the pretext of "weapons of mass destruction". Over 2,000 servicemen died over there.

There is illegal war in international law.  It has been talked about, the possibility of bring Bush and Blaire to International Court for invation of Iraq. One of the supporter for this is a Nobel Peace Price receipient.

No_way

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2005, 03:08:53 PM »

There is illegal war in international law.  It has been talked about, the possibility of bring Bush and Blaire to International Court for invation of Iraq. One of the supporter for this is a Nobel Peace Price receipient.

HA!  There is as much chance of that as there is of Saddam being acquitted. Zero.

Now, just on the topic of fish alone, it has to be the Greens.  There could be and are other problems with the greens, but on this single issue how can there be any debate?  Similar parties have been elected in Europe, and they've survived.  But they're still politicians, so....

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2005, 03:20:28 PM »

And the Greens stand for what?

No_way

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2005, 03:29:41 PM »

And the Greens stand for what?

Ask them, I'm not a supporter.  I do know that their major emphasis is on conservation and environmental protection.  Feesable or not, that's what I understand is their shtick.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2005, 03:44:43 PM »

Is Green Party conservationist or preservationist?

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2005, 03:49:03 PM »

Chris.... I think i understand your "one word" reply but can you elaborate?

Uhmm...do you mean me? (Brian)

Heroin - the opium poppy trade, has been VERY lucrative for various shadow agencies and less than above board companies in the US.  One would have to be pretty naive to believe that things like Iran-Contra aren't occuring again, but this time with tighter security.

No_way

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2005, 04:19:14 PM »

Is Green Party conservationist or preservationist?

Umm... explain?