Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rainbow or steelhead?? Chilliwack river  (Read 3497 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Rainbow or steelhead?? Chilliwack river
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2023, 08:04:59 AM »

likely they'll all be poached in the fall. Management of wild trout in Region 2 is a travesty.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

coastangler

Re: Rainbow or steelhead?? Chilliwack river
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2023, 12:30:16 PM »

Haha yeah I'm not sure I would love to be a resident trout on the C/V especially during the fall but you gotta admit that to reach the sizes that Every Day is describing, they gotta have survived a few falls there at the very least - so it seems like the ones that make it past the fall, become super-specimens: either they are super smart for not continuously taking the millions of offerings that all the guys are throwing at the salmon or they are super strong after being caught and released time after time  ;D

On the topic of posting pictures in the forum, not asking you to do it, but in case it helps you @Every Day or any others: to me the easiest service to use is https://imgur.com and then share in order to get the img forum tags, then copy/pasta and you are good to go
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary