Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 82938 times)

FishingKing

Blue Cup fished lovely tonight but the lovely look was all there was to see for me and a number of others, maybe tomorrow..

Thanks for the info Chris. I don't know where the blue cup run is but the lower vedder has had luck for me all week. Any info on where blue cup run is would be appreciated :D I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Dave

• Old Timer

Thanks for the info Chris. I don't know where the blue cup run is but the lower vedder has had luck for me all week. Any info on where blue cup run is would be appreciated :D I've heard a lot of good things about it.

C'mon Chris, from what I saw of the KWB area today, half of BC wants to know the location of the blue cup run  :D

FishingKing

I also have to say I am not one of those long leader snaggers. I've been using roe all week short floating with a 15-24 inch leader.

FishingKing

One other thing, I was not at KWB area.

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

Water is low, stopped at KWB on my way back a just laughed from the bridge and left. Why do those people even use floats? Think I saw BigFisher on the bridge but not sure it was him.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

i have had success short floating roe behind the flossers at kwb. for some reason the springs stack there. prob cover of the bridge and the depth. sometimes you can get the fresh fish pushing into that hole towards the tailout. i love their faces when you go to release springs and jack springs after you catch them.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer

water def low. even notice a drop since yesterday. had one on briefly but broke me off at the beach. think i saw you today bcfisherman97. i think your dad fed some bacon to my dog.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:38:54 PM by bigblockfox »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

This run goes back a few years and has been kind to me. The Green Cup also was looking good today and is a backup run. ;D ;D

Drewhill

This run goes back a few years and has been kind to me. The Green Cup also was looking good today and is a backup run. ;D ;D

It's KWB, he just doesn't want to admit it  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Actually Chris' "go to" run is the "Wishing and Hoping" Run as in I wish and hope I catch something today, much like his hockey team wishing and hoping to make the playoffs :D

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer

water def low. even notice a drop since yesterday. had one on briefly but broke me off at the beach. think i saw you today bcfisherman97. i think your dad fed some bacon to my dog.

Oh that was you! Yea, you came in and bam, fish on after a few casts. It was pretty slow, managed to hook two just after you left but still pretty bad. The guy I was with was a good family friend, him and his brother caught a bunch the last three days from that stretch. Beautiful dog by the way. Drove around the river midday and checked out a few spots but still really low, then came back to the spot you were fishing. Can't wait for some rain. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Oh that was you! Yea, you came in and bam, fish on after a few casts. It was pretty slow, managed to hook two just after you left but still pretty bad. The guy I was with was a good family friend, him and his brother caught a bunch the last three days from that stretch. Beautiful dog by the way. Drove around the river midday and checked out a few spots but still really low, then came back to the spot you were fishing. Can't wait for some rain. 
Rain means floods next, lets just enjoy the lovely weather we have now. ;D ;D

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

----- doing my rain dance-----

FishingKing

I agree with chris.

hookR

Fished the upper today. There were fish jumping but none was interested in my roe. My buddy landed a jack and I landed a hatch coho on a blade later in the day.

Just a warning to everyone who fishes the river. 2 of our cars got broken into. Other guys on the river said they seen the bastards and they were in a Maroon colored car, Just keep an eye out for that car and dont leave any valubles behind.