Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 167824 times)

tnt

Anyone know the condition down on lickman?
Fishable this afternoon but it can change at any time due to the slides in the Chilliwack River Valley.

In talking to Dave at the flood meeting today the Slesse Slide has had some mud go over the berm we had built some time ago.

I got stuck almost to the waist in that slide this morning... it was pretty bad... had there not been a half a tree beside me I think I would have still been there.....
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions better today and I only saw 3 anglers in the 2 and a half hours I was out. One angler said his partner had been into two. The only fish I saw today was the one we ate for supper. ;D ;D ;D

dss

I don't think it's avoiding the ranger clay slide if it's the one I think it is. I was there Monday and it still splits around that island to hit the slide area.

Every Day

• Old Timer

I was also told that the ranger run slide is now being avoided. Aparetally some logs built up in front of it and re-routes the river around it now.  :D

hue-nut

• Old Timer

was there yesterday, the river still splits, but the majority of the flow is now to the other side

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Clarity on the lower has gone from 2 feet yesterday to a foot today? Maybe the sun off the water was playing tricks on me. ???
The Bigger The Better!

dss

Even when people were saying it was a foot or more it looked chalky brown and unfishable by just driving by the road. Sucks if any melt has made it drop again as I was hoping it would get in shape lower for the next day or two.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Perfect conditions, from below Alllison and up.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Just took a look in the Lower and it did not look too good to me although apparently it was OK this morning.

patagonia

12" below Alison and about 2-3 ft as you go further up, the river is packed up there for mid-week... I guess when less than half the river is clear it goes that way, didnt hear of any fish taken today

Fishmaster J

Spent some time searching around lickman today.  Beautiful sunshine, almost 2 feet vis (depending on how hard you looked...), and some nice water to fish.  Should be beauty by the weekend.

tight lines

Knutsford

fished it yesterday, from Tamahi down it was unfishable.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

started first light at Keith Wilson, water was pretty murky with about one to two feet of visibility, it was a nice green color though. No fish to be had so we moved up river to some spots with nothing to show for it. Anyways it was a very beautiful day out and definitely worth it. How did you do Dion?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Got out for a couple of hours this afternoon and found the conditions better than yesterday afternoon, similar to when I caught the fish on Monday. Visibility was around 2 feet and it felt like Spring out. Certainly was a great day to be out fishing and so many fishy spots to try but found no takers. I only heard of one fish hooked, was nice to see Dion on the flow too.

Every Day

• Old Timer

Definatley fishable today over the whole river. Hit tamahi for a while to no avail although I found the water perfect with around 2 feet (maybe more) visbility. Went up river above Allison and I would say around 4-5 feet visi up there. All in all a great day. Started getting cold just before dark, make sure you wear layers  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25