Who would attend

YES
- 39 (57.4%)
NO
- 10 (14.7%)
MAYBE
- 19 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007  (Read 71515 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2006, 08:07:04 PM »

Actually, you know what?  I think the name drawing is a great idea as well.  I don't know how many people would go for it, mainly because you will never be able to pry some guys from their fishing partners!!  COUGH*Flyguy*COUGH  Also, I have no idea how the Freak would make out as a partner for someone else, I just recently got used to his weird smell and constantly asking me to come over to have a look at "something"!!  Trust me, if this idea is done, and you get Freak as a partner, just stay at least 10 feet away and don't look directly at him and you will be fine!! ;D ;D

But seriuosly, I think this idea should be given more thought, or even a poll done for it!! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

PistolPete

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2006, 08:49:10 PM »

I am in....

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2006, 08:01:40 PM »

Just to keep everyone up to date....

The starting point will be Tim Hortons on Lickman Road.. Registration for our event will be between 6-6:30 am, entry fee will be $20, we will be fishing as singles ( you can fish with a group if you like ) no partners at weigh in :) All Hatchery Steelhead that are to be entered must be at the weigh in by 1pm this is the cutoff time !

I am hoping we will have volunteers to run the weigh in tent, if this is the case we will have prizes for first fish entered, smallest fish , biggest fish 2nd and 3rd and maybe a secret weight also :) I am hoping that we can raise enough prizes so that all the entry fee money can be donated !!

There will be a potluck BBQ at Cedar Run starting at around 1pm so I am hoping that everyone that enters can bring some sort of food stuff !! please send me a pm telling me what you can bring or just post it on this thread, I think I can bring my BBQ but another one would be good, we will need tables and chairs and coffee and hopefully a generator,

I am looking forward to this event :)

TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2006, 05:38:03 PM »

Rick, can you put up a list of who's coming on the original post at the beginning of the thread and prize list as well? I know I'm going for sure and I will be bringing a friend who is not a FWR member.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »

I'll bring some Red Spring and Sockeye for the BBQ.  Might even cook it after I get a fish to weigh in!! ;D

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 12:41:11 AM »

OK Rick - can you change me from MAYBE to YES on the first post of this topic?  I'll be there with my neighbor as well...  so technically, there's 2 for sures for ya!  Will be my first time Steelheading,  but fish or no, should be a great day out!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

FishHunter

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2007, 02:56:36 PM »

Hey Buddy,
Luv to attend...

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2007, 03:07:10 PM »

Hey Buddy,
Luv to attend...
Welcome to the site Hunter, look forward to seeing you on the flow!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »

A couple of questions for all those that are coming, does anyone have a generator? does anyone have another BBQ? does anyone have a propane outdoor burner?

We are also going to need tables and maybe chairs, Fishfreak is bringing a tent for the weigh in but another tent could be useful especially if the weather is not so nice! I am also trying to find out if there are any non fishers that will be able to donate some time to help set up the food and weigh in areas, I am thinking that all those that are bringing hot food can somehow get it to the weigh in area a little before 1pm .. just a few thoughts!! if anyone can think of things I am forgetting please let me know, I would also appreciate it if you could e-mail or PM me and let me know what kind of food you will be bringing
THX Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »

I have a portable BBQ that I can bring. I will pick up some beverages as well.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2007, 06:17:20 PM »

I'm a good probable...I can bring an easy up if needed and tell me what food you want as well...looking for someone to take the handicapped guy out :'( sniff sniff..

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2007, 06:43:56 PM »

I'm a good probable...I can bring an easy up if needed and tell me what food you want as well...looking for someone to take the handicapped guy out :'( sniff sniff..

;D ;D  I am sure that someone will take you out.  There might be room in our group, but I am not even sure who is our group just yet.  Noone has talked about it. ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:52:40 PM by Big Steel »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2007, 06:45:12 PM »

;D ;D  I am sure that someone will take you out.  There might be room in our group, but I am not even sure who is our groupl just yet.  Noone has talked about it. ;D

Thats because you are indecisive LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

Just so everyone knows the entry money from this derby will be going to the Chilliwack River Foundation I think thats the right name I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong! The money will be given most likely to Chris Gladsen to be distributed properly :) I a hoping that enough prizes will be donated so that we can give the entire sum of all entry fees to the cause :) I am still working on a nice first place prize and I am thinking a nice gift certificate to a tackle shop such as Reaction would be a nice prize for the top fsh !!!!
If I cannot get this as a donation I will likely take some of the entry fees to get this certificate!! I have learned from a good source that we will have propane burners available to heat up the soup and hot water and such so a generator may not be needed after all
Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2007, 07:03:53 PM »

Chilliwack River Action Committee!! ;D  Thanks for the update Ricky.  Just waiting to get PM's from people so I can decide who to fish with on derby day!! ;D  So you did want me to bring the Salmon then eh? ;D  What about a freshly caught donated Steely from the day?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:10:02 PM by Big Steel »