Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stave River, April 6 2009: Burnt and torn  (Read 750 times)

Fishin_Squirrel10-4

• Hmmm yes, quite. Where are the fish again?
Stave River, April 6 2009: Burnt and torn
« on: April 06, 2009, 07:30:24 PM »

Finally back on the river again, beautiful day, nice and warm with a gentle breeze. Headed out by noon, and had to choose where to go. The Vedder or the Stave? a wonderful day like today, we chose to fish the Stave. Arrived just before 1, over the dam and into the parking lot. Setup all our gears and way we go. A dusty walk down and over the little bridge. Spotted about 10 others fishing, mostly fly fishermen but no luck.

Fished below the dam with no luck, water was quite cooling and did not see any rise. Stayed in that 1 spot for about 10 minutes then we walked further down. Ran into 2 other fly fishermen and no luck with them too. Fished that 1 bend for about an hour, then we spotted them rising. Feeding off the surface of the water it seems. So watching that, took the T8 off my line and casted off. Fish on! then with the slightest head shake, the hook pops out. Fustrated, decided to cast in that same place hoping, it'll come back for what it left behind. Nothing coming up to the surface then a head pops out of the water, about 20 feet away from us. A dang seal! Snooping around for a meal, it spooked out all the fish in the pool. So after seeing a fishermens worst nightmare, we moved on and drove back to the other side. Fished there for 20 minutes or so then we called it a day.

Was hoping to hook my first fish with my new reel, but I guess its gonna have to wait and stay hungry. Just another one that got away.
But was glad just to be out on the river with this kind of weather, just praying for the summer to come quicker.
Nothing to see here, Hmm yes.......
Quite........
Carry on......