Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be participating in the 10th annual World Rivers Day celebration in Chilliwack?

Yes! :D
- 13 (61.9%)
No. :(
- 8 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 26, 2011, 01:03:48 PM

Author Topic: Win some great fishing prizes at World Rivers Day celebration in Chilliwack!  (Read 8048 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Win some great fishing prizes at World Rivers Day celebration in Chilliwack!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:14:55 AM »

Not sure why we seem to get terrible weather on BC Rivers Day here in Chilliwack most years, it is wet and windy this morning. :'( :( A lot of work has gone into our 10th anniversary of BCRD but we will be carrying on as we have lots of food, donuts, prizes, and displays not to forget our entertainment. We will be inside so that helps some. Its too wet to fish  ;D ;D so come to the event and help us celebrate one of BC's most popular rivers.

Coffee is on in 90 mintes. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Win some great fishing prizes at World Rivers Day celebration in Chilliwack!
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 06:21:14 AM »

Can you pick up some hot chocolate and tea as well? ;)

We're on the road in 40 minutes from now.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 02:24:29 PM »

will there be another clean up in the upcoming months?
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »

Another succesful cleanup in the books  :)

will there be another clean up in the upcoming months?

2012 Dates aren't posted yet, but there is three clean-ups a year (spring, summer, fall)

Info at http://www.cleanrivers.ca/

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »

Sorry to have missed it.
Last minute change of plans. ::)

That weather was horrible.
Did you guys get any break from the storms?

BNF861

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2011, 06:24:05 PM »

I fished at first light before the cleanup, and it rained hard, windy too.

By the time the cleanup kicked off it had stoped and held off for the duration.

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2011, 06:26:31 PM »

I would say the weather was pretty good we left around 2pm.  Hit the monsoon somewhere around Langley.

Good turn out for the clean up, good work everyone!

Sea Nymph

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »

I just want to start out by saying that this event was organized very well and want to thank all the hard work that all the volunteers put into this event. This was the first time my 11 year old daughter and I attended this event and will definitely be back next year. It's always amazing all the garbage that is thrown away just a few feet away from garbage cans.
Great job Rodney getting the word out on this event as well.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 07:35:30 AM »

I just want to start out by saying that this event was organized very well and want to thank all the hard work that all the volunteers put into this event. This was the first time my 11 year old daughter and I attended this event and will definitely be back next year. It's always amazing all the garbage that is thrown away just a few feet away from garbage cans.
Great job Rodney getting the word out on this event as well.
Thanks for coming, glad you felt it went well, yes a lot of work goes into this but all the volunteers including ones from this forum that attend are the ones that make it the success it is.

We had close to 300 take part and the weather was terrible to start but turned out fine by the time the cleanup started. Thanks to all that donated prizes including Rod who had some great ones. Also to Tim Horton that provides the goodies and coffee, Frank and Ev from the Fraser Valley Salmon Society that do the cooking, the people with displays and the Fish & Game club for the use of their hall.

A video here and some pictures on the Fraser Valley Salmon Society web page.

http://youtu.be/i05DzQG6jzQ

speycaster

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »

Five years ago I took tents out of that same area during a cleanup. They were filled with garbage too, also three garbage bags of disposable diapers and toilet paper. Our cleanup on the Kettle and Granby rivers was not to bad, two pickup loads of assorted junk.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 11:04:21 PM »

Another video clip showing some of the garbage collected feauturing NiceFish and Don. ;D ;D

http://youtu.be/a4pBCUQ2pe4

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 11:38:45 PM »

My boss at work hit up the vedder on the weekend. He was back today, and talking fishin I had asked him if he noticed people cleaning up. His eyes went super wide and exclaimed that there were people EVERYWHERE picking up garbage. I let him know of this event. He had no idea it was happening. I would have been there, but it was my girlfriends and mine last day for pinks, and she wouldnt want to drive all the way out to chilliwack. :( Even if she would have had more luck there.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!