Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HoW Far WouLd YOU gO To LAnD a SteELiE?!?!?!  (Read 7269 times)

Ribwart

Re: HoW Far WouLd YOU gO To LAnD a SteELiE?!?!?!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 04:15:38 PM »

Just because I put it nicely young gun, doesn't mean you shouldn't seriously consider all the posts in this thread. What myself and others have said are only differing ways to make the same point.
I, in the past, have followed fish into trouble...I don't make decisions as lightly nowadays, as I did when I was your age. You'll learn, as my post stated, but be careful out there. Sometimes its ok if the fish wins the fight...that's why we appreciate and respect them so much. Don't put yourself in danger out there, it's not worth it.

Truthfully, I think the responses of some of the other members in this thread, might be more effective in getting anglers, including you, to consider the consequences of their actions more carefully.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 04:28:14 PM by Ribwart »

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 07:01:49 PM »

Ribwart you are so bang on,when i was younger i use to take more risks to catch fish but after one close call i don't any more,for me me when I'm on the river safety of me and my fishing partners is the number one priority,i find there are way to many people that don't understand and fully respect the power of our rivers,there isn't a fish out there worth dieing for.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 07:03:50 PM »

Hey Searun, you remember Derby day a couple years ago? ;D  I really didn't think it was that deep!! ;D  But it ended well, and I haven't gone in that deep again since!!  Not on purpose anyways!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »

Yes i remember ,i thought i was going to have to fish you out of that hole,i hope you never do that again,idiot savant, ;D ;D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »

Yes i remember ,i thought i was going to have to fish you out of that hole,i hope you never do that again,idiot savant, ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  I landed the fish though!! ::) :D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »

Id rather lose a fish then risk my life, steelhead or not

I am with you there.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 07:28:19 PM »

Yes you did,  quite amazingly,would of made a great how to video,101 ways to cheat death and still land your fish. :D :D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »

Once some of you get kids of your own you well realize that unnecessary risks are not worth it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »

;D ;D ;D  It wasn't that bad though!!  I had a death grip on that tree, and my feet were tangled up in the roots. ::)  After getting my feet free I was good to go!!  Never thought I was in to much trouble, just a bit winded!! ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 08:08:06 PM »

I almost drown when I was in my teens. When I go fishing with my brother and nephew I keep telling them to be careful etc. Sometimes I sound like a broken record but I don't ever want my brother, nephew or anyone else to experience the terror that I experienced.

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »

since when  is a 44 inch by 26 inch riproaring monster of a steelhead not worth it. ;) ;) ;D

4x4

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 08:25:55 PM »

Plain and simple - it's stupid risking your life or someone else's for a freaking fish.

I pulled a fellow out of the Vedder 3 yrs ago that came very close to drowning and taking me with him.

I used to take chances crossing water to get to a nice looking fishing spot but like BB2000 said I thought of my kids and realized I wasn't thinking straight just to try and catch a fish.
An accident can happen to easy while wading.