Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Scotty's Vedder River Rats Steelhead Derby-anyone interested?  (Read 13889 times)

milo

• Old Timer
Re: Scotty's Vedder River Rats Steelhead Derby-anyone interested?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 04:56:49 PM »

Why do you need to point out who will be attending, I doubt anyone cares...?  I find it B.S how a few clowns on here are bashing this guys derby.

All you guys saying that derbys are the devil need to really pull your heads out of your bum and quit making a fool of yourself.The river is a GONGSHOW already, and only hatcherys would be killed anyways.....what they are there for lol.

To reply to your query, I pointed those people out because Bruce (firstlight) happens to know them - some of them are his friends, too. Besides, some of those guys forgot about fishing more than most of us will ever learn in 10 lifetimes. I think that is reason enough.

You said: the river is a gong show already, so why not make it even more so with yet another derby.  ::)
Apply that logic to everything else (the classrooms are crowded already, let's add another 5 students; or, I am already fat, what's another few pounds?; or, the beach is already dirty, so it doesn't matter if I litter...) Give your head a friggin' shake, dude! Maybe then whatever gray matter you may have in it will start working.

Oh, and BTW: you have a whopping total of seven posts on FWR and are already calling names people you don't know.  >:(
I really hope your childhood wasn't as rough as you make it sound from that keyboard of yours.  :'(

fyrslyer

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 05:00:21 PM »

Date works for me.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:17 PM »

Date works for me.

Finally the thread is back on track!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

fisher man

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »

milo  your the same guy who told everybody to stay home last sunday the river will be blown.Well the river was good,a little high but good.I guess you were heading out that day.Promote fishing but stay home when i go out.Your word means nothing.I take it this derby is on a sunday.I'm in.

GENERAL-SHERMAN

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 06:02:01 PM »

milo  your the same guy who told everybody to stay home last sunday the river will be blown.Well the river was good,

I second that.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »

milo  your the same guy who told everybody to stay home last sunday the river will be blown.Well the river was good,a little high but good.
If I was ever to post a river condition report on a forum (don't hold your breath) I would have reported the same water conditions as Milo.  The river was crap when he took the photos but hey, weather changes; the temperature dropped, the rain stopped and sure enough there was enough visibilty to catch a few fish the next day.  I think Milo made the right call to save some of you anglers from parts west a few gallons of gas.   

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »

milo  your the same guy who told everybody to stay home last sunday the river will be blown.Well the river was good,a little high but good.I guess you were heading out that day.Promote fishing but stay home when i go out.Your word means nothing.I take it this derby is on a sunday.I'm in.

You are wrong.
I stayed home on Sunday after seeing what the river was like on Saturday afternoon.
As you may or may not recall, I even stopped by the Tamahi bridge in pounding rain to take a picture of the river, which I bothered to upload on the forum the same evening for everyone to see and make up their mind.

I may or may not be right when stating an opinion or giving advice, but I want you and everybody else to remember this one thing:
I say what I mean and mean what I say. To even insinuate that I would have fished the Vedder on Sunday after what I wrote on the forum about water conditions is disrespectful and defamatory in my books, especially considering you have never met me or fished with me.   ???
But then again, this is the Internet and apparently everything goes, even character judgment based on a botched river condition prediction.  ::)
I wish you good health and peace of mind, fisher man, for it seems you get upset quite easily. I feel for you.  :'(

Back to your regular programming schedule now please.

bigblue

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

milo  your the same guy who told everybody to stay home last sunday the river will be blown.Well the river was good,a little high but good.I guess you were heading out that day.Promote fishing but stay home when i go out.Your word means nothing.I take it this derby is on a sunday.I'm in.

If anyone had to guarantee about river conditions for next day, no one will be able to post anything on the Vedder/Chilliwack River conditions thread.
Many members, including myself, appreciate what milo and others have posted on the thread, as having some indication is better than having no indication at all.
Milo even went out of his way to post pictures, so give the guy a break man!
Every fisherman, including myself, not only look at the thread but also weather reports, river level data, etc. to reach our own conclusions. Right?
We are kind of off the subject of the original thread, but I thought it would be best to step in say something. :)

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »

LMAO, the fact that this isnt a troll makes it even funnier. Thanks for the laugh Milo ;)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2011, 08:15:35 PM »

Anyone that makes up his or her mind about fishing a location based on 1 internet report is well........weak.
By the way,the Pinks are in. ;D