Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms G3 Waders  (Read 22990 times)

GENERAL-SHERMAN

Re: Simms G3 Waders
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 10:13:31 PM »

so much time off? I never said that. I work 5 days a week and fish most weekends… occasionally I do call in a sick day once and a while when the snow starts Falling  :D

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 03:17:15 AM »

so much time off? I never said that. I work 5 days a week and fish most weekends… occasionally I do call in a sick day once and a while when the snow starts Falling  :D

He was referring to your comment about fishing 100 all day hiking trips a year which would mean you get to fish all day just about every Saturday and Sunday (105 of those a year).  That is an enviable schedule for anyone, but like most fish stories, you may have been exaggerating slightly.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 03:18:59 AM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2013, 03:56:56 PM »

Haha ya something fishy with your numbers general... But whatever buy the waders that get you through. I will change my mind when I have a problem with my g4's.
always a student

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2013, 04:12:34 PM »

before kids I used to fish both days of every weekend and some weekday evenings, extra day on each end of every long weekend, when I was foreman at my last workplace we did 4/10's so I got every Friday off as well. If he is a single guy, or older with kids moved out then his numbers could very well be in that range.

HOOK - I have actually gotten to start fishing a lot more this year now that my boys are getting older. Once they are old enough to fish without a lot of assistance I will be able to fish even more. My 4yr old does like lake fishing more than standing on a river bank im noticing  :D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2013, 09:39:17 PM »

I don't see what's wrong with General's statement about his #'s besides the "all day" part of them. I'm up to 89 trips already since January this year (for the first time this year I wanted to see how much I ACTUALLY fish). I should be well up over 100 by the end of this year, and that's with a full time university load, and full time work during the summer. And this is a somewhat low trip # years compared to what I use to do.

I torture the heck out of my gear. If anyone wants an honest review of boots, waders, jackets, they can ask me. To be blatantly honest, the best gear I have owned so far is some of the cheapest. Giving the Redington sonic pro's a try now (liked the welded seam idea for saltwater) and they have been great in the 60+ trips so far. 

spoiler

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2013, 07:40:30 AM »

I can verify every day's time on the river. when he was younger I would see him (every day) dragging home fish on Canterbury Drive.
My son said one time "that kid fishes so much he's never going to have a girl friend".
I guess you proved him wrong Dan, you just had to find the right one.

Pin-nook

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »

Knowing how hard General-Sherman fishes, Simms should involve him in testing their products as he puts a lot of wear into his gear. From bush whacking to wading, I doubt there's any wader or boot that will hold up without a leak or something go wrong in 1 season for GS.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

You're welcome.  Hope you enjoy them.  On your way down to Portland, don't forget to stop by Woodland Washington and visit the Lamiglas factory.  If they are open, they may have some Blem  or factory second rods for sale at excellent prices.

Curse you, Strato!  ;D I had no idea about the Lamiglas outlet, stopped in yesterday on our way home from Portland, and left with a 9' 6" SI 96 LS spinning rod for chucking spoons for coho off the beach. Saved 40% and the tax. I never make significant purchases like that so spontaneously, but my good wife told me I needed to get it. She's a good woman! :)     

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2013, 02:09:25 PM »

Curse you, Strato!  ;D I had no idea about the Lamiglas outlet, stopped in yesterday on our way home from Portland, and left with a 9' 6" SI 96 LS spinning rod for chucking spoons for coho off the beach. Saved 40% and the tax. I never make significant purchases like that so spontaneously, but my good wife told me I needed to get it. She's a good woman! :)   

Yes my wife is like that too. (or at least I've been able to brainwash her into thinking I really needed it).

Once a year, Lamiglas will have a special sale to clear off all their blem and second stock.  What you saw on the weekend is only a fraction of what you would see at that sale.  I think it takes place around the beginning of December.  You'll see an even better selection of Rods that we are use to seeing up here, like the 10' Certified Pro rods and some long rods for pinning.  Haven't been down to Portland in a while so I may make a trip down at that time.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

let me know when your heading down Strato. I may be able to persuade the boss to let me join in also. Need to start buying rods for the kids now............or at least that's my excuse LoL
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Jeff_

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »

EDIT: looks like lamiglas will not be having a factory sale in 2013 according to their facebook page, the ad that was posted earlier was for the previous years. my apologies.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:13:37 PM by Jeff_ »