Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Equipment review....simms wader booties...good stuff  (Read 2358 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Equipment review....simms wader booties...good stuff
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:11:14 PM »

I thought if anyone else gets cold feet pretty quick this would be a good product to look into as well....I've worn two and three pairs of socks and after a half hour to hour I end up with cold tootsies...come out, warm up...pain in the butt...I bought, this year a little bigger boots so my toes could move around more and also picked up these new (to me at least) Simms booties with gravel guards that you put on over your wader booties...I wore one pair of socks yesterday, and had these on over my wader ones...kept my feet warm for over two hours on the upper vedder where there was snow and the puddles next to river were solid ice....

They are I believe, around 30 bucks and I really like how they are made and fit...simple to use and if your like me and can't stand it unless you put your feet in...( Better swing on my fly if I'm out a little ) ...then these are something to look into...Nice having the gravel guard on um as well...

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Equipment review....simms wader booties...good stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 03:06:56 PM »

So these booties fit OVER your wading boots? don't they get destroyed on the bottom part walking over rocks?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 03:11:11 PM by dennisK »

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 03:51:10 PM »

I think he's referring to putting them on overtop of the neoprenes and then stepping into your wading boots.  Y/N ?

fishfinder

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »

I think he's referring to putting them on overtop of the neoprenes and then stepping into your wading boots.  Y/N ?

Yes, that's what he means. Essentially you end up with two layers of neoprene booties for better insulation, but the drawback is that you need to buy another pair boots at one size bigger than what you would normally need.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »

Yes, that's what he means. Essentially you end up with two layers of neoprene booties for better insulation, but the drawback is that you need to buy another pair boots at one size bigger than what you would normally need.

I was between sizes, my shoe size is 12 the 12 in boots were pretty tight, the 13's were a little looser, the basically double booties worked perfect...toasty warm feet for a change..

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2006, 03:44:29 PM »

wear them over your socks and inside your boots.  Fold the top over for a gravel guard. 

Anything Simms is going to be top notch.  I have a Guide friend that is approaching 8 years (easily over 120 days a year) in his Simms guide waders, and I have 3 in my G3's and still love them as much as the first day I put them on.   

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

A&N has neoprene socks that are fleece lined for $15 bucks - cheap enuf, think I'll give them a try - has anyone tried them?
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »

A&N has neoprene socks that are fleece lined for $15 bucks - cheap enuf, think I'll give them a try - has anyone tried them?

let me know if they work...I'm always looking for any angle to keep my feet etc. warm ...these frosty mornings are kicking my butt..