Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Breakins !!  (Read 20894 times)

4x4

Vedder River Breakins !!
« on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:07 AM »

We got broken into yesterday at Wilson Road (Yarrow) while parked on the street in front of homes.
I thought that would be better than parking on the dyke. Apparently not.
When I called the police she told me that I was the 11th person to call in and this was at 11:00.

Be aware of a mid 90's Cutlass/Cierra(?). Red, with no licence plate on the back. Not sure about the front. On ther rear passenger side window there is a square tape mark from a sign that must of be on at one time and taken off. Very noticeable.

Young blond girl was the passenger and a crew cut stocky guy driving. They were pretty junked out and looked pretty messed up. They will be doing it again to keep their nasty habit going.
I hope they liked our lunch and burlap sack.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:34:37 PM by 4x4 »

t-bone

Re: Vedder River Breakins !!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 11:04:05 AM »

what a surprise, break-ins on the vedder. my truck was broken into last year twice, at the rail bridge and at tamahi. Hopefully everyone reports these and the police have more presence this year

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:18:44 AM »

Let the Gong show begin!.... and the Break and Enters..... :-\
The Bigger The Better!

4x4

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:20:05 AM »

Just to save me from doing this later.

"That didn't take to long for those type of questions.
I'll tell you what happened so I can copy and paste on the other forums.

First of all we didn't see it happen.

While we were getting ready to hit the river this red car with the addicts drove by us and parked on the dyke above us. They were there for about 5 mins then left. We decided to go fishing thinking that they saw we had nothing in the back of my vehicle. By then all our stuff was out while we were organizing what we were going to take with us. When we got back they had thrown a rock through the rear window.

We are assuming they came back after we left. We are almost certain it was them. To coincidental.

All I am simply doing is making people aware of this vehicle. trust me we will hear more about this.

And yes Hook if we were there and actually saw it, we would of dealt with it. We drove around for awhile to see if we could find them but no luck."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:27:35 AM by 4x4 »

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 11:52:34 AM »

I know that car and the couple operating out of it.
They had thier eyes set on our truck last year when Tadpole and I were fishing in the exact same area.
Same modus operandi as in 4x4's case.

Fortunately, we came back just in time to prevent them  from breaking into our trucks.

Losers...wish I could catch them red-handed to give them some good old Balkan justice. >:(

Terry D

• Carp are sportfish too!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:36:38 PM »

I'll try and keep my eyes open and a camera handy for these scumbags.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

Appreciate the heads up 4x4. I'll be on the lookout for this couple

boscheefish

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 10:51:55 PM »

someone should set them up, and video it, and make a citizens arrest, or something,

something needs to be done, i know its always same old same old, but we need to hide in the back seet with a baseball bat or worse and catch someone.
long live the vedder

4x4

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:57:36 AM »

We leave very little in our vehicles.
They left our running shoes and rod cases. They took a burlap sack ,small cooler and gear bag. It was in the back and you can't see in through the privacy glass. All that can be replaced.
The 300.00 deductible can't. And I had to take the day off work to get a new window and clean up my Escape.

Shooter

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 09:58:03 AM »

Seems like these people are more interested in smash and grabs then actually stealing vehicles.  The more stuff you have lying around in your vehicle the higher the risk of someone putting a rock through your window.  Its a terrible feeling walking back to your vehicle after a good day of fishing to find broken glass on the ground by your truck!

kodiak

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 12:13:50 PM »

Thanks for posting this info, I will keep an eye out for the vehicle.

Hen

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 02:50:55 PM »

thanks for the heads up, i'll be on the look out for this couple in the red car >:(

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 03:05:59 PM »

Here's a solution possibly. Take everything that you could possibly steal out of your car (that being the unclippable radios, change, etc) and leave the windows down. That way they cant smash your windows... not sure what they would do to the interior of your car but I would think they are more interested in going to the next car for something that they could take. I would also think that if you leave the windows down that they would get the fact there is nothing in there.  ???

A problem to this might be them stealing your car, which I guess they could do anyways after smashing out the window....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

There's nothing to prevent them from smashing your windows or your interiors just out of spite.

speycaster

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:56 PM »

Time to set up a bait and wait with the hunting sling shot. ;D Did that a few times in the last couple of years, usually is good for a few screams. ;D In the right spot the sound of the river covers up every thing, they don't know what hit them. Kidney hits are best. ;D