Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The May Election  (Read 26101 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: The May Election
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2012, 09:09:57 AM »

Adrian Dix walked into a branch of HSBC to cash a cheque. As he approached the cashier he said "Good morning , could you please cash this cheque for me"?

Cashier: "It would be my pleasure Sir. Could you please show me your ID?"

Dix : "Well I didn’t bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Adrian Dix, leader of the BC NDP and future premier of this great province!!!"

Cashier: "I’m sorry, but with all the regulations, monitoring, of the banks because of impostors and forgers, etc. I must insist on proof of identity."

Dix : "Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."

Cashier: "I am sorry sir but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."

Dix : "I need this cheque cashed."

Cashier: "Perhaps there’s another way: One day Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods, he pulled out his putting iron and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque. Another time, Roger Federer came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racquet and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that spectacular shot we cashed his cheque.

So what can you do to prove that it is you, and only you, the leader of the BC NDP?"

Dix stood there thinking and finally says: "Honestly, I can't think of a single thing I'm good at."

Cashier: "Will that be large or small bills, Mr Dix?"
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »

Now that was funny  AF! Not ha ha funny, but like a piece of spoiled meat "funny".
The whole Rich Coleman / Pacific Western Brewery deal is another insight into fiscal missmanagement. PWB donates to the the Liberals and especialy Rich Coleman and we lose out 9 million in taxes. These guys have got to go. I remember the big stink about Glen Clark the pocket knife he got and the sun deck. That was front page news on all the yellow press. Now you only get CBC and some vague information about the scandel with PWB in the stinking yellow press.
That's the same kind of "funny".
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2012, 09:36:02 AM »

Now that was funny  AF! Not ha ha funny, but like a piece of spoiled meat "funny".That's the same kind of "funny".

It's just a joke NB....... 

I'm sure Dix is likely good at "something"....    ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2012, 09:52:38 AM »

Sadly, there is little humour in watching a band of buffoons try to shake the last pennies out of the piggy bank to lavish on supporters with gifts from an already broke treasury. Now who will get to make up this shortfall.......

The whole Rich Coleman / Pacific Western Brewery deal is another insight into fiscal missmanagement. PWB donates to the the Liberals and especialy Rich Coleman and we lose out 9 million in taxes. These guys have got to go. I remember the big stink about Glen Clark the pocket knife he got and the sun deck. That was front page news on all the yellow press. Now you only get CBC and some vague information about the scandel with PWB in the stinking yellow press.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »

The Liberals will be crushed.

Some are saying that they will get only something like 16 seats out of the possible 85.

Very similar to what happened in the 2006 Federal election.
Federal Liberals got ousted due their unfavourable view by the public - Quebec advertising scandal.

A general house-cleaning is due every couple of decades no matter who gets in as a result.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »

Another lie exposed. Do you REALLY think these doinks deserve another term?

http://therealstory.ca/2012-11-29/bc-liberals/treating-bc-like-their-own-private-hedge-fund

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 10:53:16 AM »

Another lie exposed. Do you REALLY think these doinks deserve another term?

http://therealstory.ca/2012-11-29/bc-liberals/treating-bc-like-their-own-private-hedge-fund

Gotta love the creativity of choosing a website with the name "therealstory"..   ;D

But stay away from sites named "theunrealstory"

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 11:43:26 AM »

Gotta love the creativity of choosing a website with the name "therealstory"..   ;D

But stay away from sites named "theunrealstory"

Obviously NOT a Liberal sycophant .They're all too busy licking Liberal boots.Liars can figure , but figures don't lie

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »

Premier Dipsy May keeps shooting her messengers- you can't make these jokes up, even with a deck full of jokers.

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/story.aspx?ID=1832405

StillAqua

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »

Christy Clark announced to the Liberal caucus meeting that things weren't going well for their reelection campaign. Campaign donations had gone south as supporters deserted the party. After hours of brainstorming behind closed doors, they came up with a brilliant idea. The Liberals would announce that anyone who contributed $50 to the party could also submit one wish they wanted granted if their name is drawn after the Liberals are reelected. They bought newpaper ads to trumpet this grant-a-wish idea.

George was reading the morning paper when he came across the Liberal announcement and got excited. An avid fisherman all his life, he had spent most of his adult years fighting to protect and preserve his favorite river from industrial development that would destroy the pristine river he loved. If there was a slim chance that a $50 donation could see his dream come true, he'd dig into his small retirement savings and take the chance. So along with his cheque, he included the wish that the river be designated as a protected heritage river for all time.

The grant-a-wish idea caught hold with voters and the Liberals quickly raised millions of dollars in campaign donations that they used to flood the media with ads. They won the election in a landslide. Even George, who'd never voted Liberal, voted for them on the small chance that his wish might come true. A few days after the election, George got a call from the Premier's office telling him that his name had been drawn and that he would see an announcement in the papers in a few weeks. George was overjoyed and every day he eagerly scanned the papers.

Then one day he saw a full page announcement that an open pit mine and a power project dam had just been approved by the government for his beloved river. Furious and betrayed, he jumped in his car, drove straight to the Premier's office and demanded to see the Premier. Christy greeted him in her office and George began to rant. She listened calmly and when George stopped for a breathe, she smiled and said "Stop George, you don't have to worry. I'll make it all right". She reached into her pocket and held out her hand to George. "Here's your $50 back".

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 02:36:46 PM »

Apparently they've hired some kitchen staff. Who knew a set of books could taste so good? ;D

http://www.cknw.com/news/vancouver/story.aspx?ID=1833525

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

LOL AF, good one.

Don't count the liberals out yet!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »

Views: Will truth die on Deficit Hill?

By $curPaper.title
Published: December 04, 2012 10:00 AM
Updated: December 04, 2012 10:4810 AM

VICTORIA – Whatever happens in the provincial election five months from now, taxpayers should insist that it be the last spring vote.

Now I know this isn’t sexy like the horse race of popularity polls so loved by the TV news. But integrity of public financial information is the next vital step in democratic reform, even more important than scheduled election dates. And the B.C. tradition of tabling untested election budgets, shutting down the legislature and firing up the campaign buses, has to end.

The B.C. Liberals are on track to surpass the NDP on fudge-it budgets, having put millions into TV ads that insist the 2013 budget will struggle into the black. This is the hill Christy Clark has chosen to die on.Glen Clark set the modern bar with his 1996 election budget. After a run of red ink, it conjured a tidy little surplus that helped the NDP squeak out a win over the plaid-shirted Gordon Campbell.

Campbell’s noisy exit had its roots in his 2009 fudge-it budget, which clung to an outdated $500-million deficit forecast that had already melted down along with banks, auto makers and U.S. real estate. After the election, British Columbians found out we were really $2.8 billion in the red.

Not one to waste a good crisis, Campbell ordered the harmonized sales tax.

Now Premier Clark and Finance Minister Mike de Jong are proposing to balance the budget and shut down the HST money machine.

Clark gave a speech in Coquitlam the day before last week’s budget update, warning it “won’t be pretty.” And it’s not. In September the current-year deficit forecast jumped above $1 billion, largely due to a glut of natural gas. The latest update pushed it near $1.5 billion. Natural gas royalties are bumping along the bottom, no big change there. But now coal prices and shipments are down, and a slow real estate market has pinched the flow of cash from Bill Vander Zalm’s legacy, the property purchase tax.

I erred in a previous column, saying this year’s deficit is partly due to a staged repayment of federal HST transition money. Not so.
That entire $1.6 billion was booked in last year’s budget, pushing that deficit to a record $3 billion. This means the current $1.5 billion bleeder is based strictly on current revenues, debt servicing and spending.

So how is this sucking chest wound going to suddenly heal next spring? De Jong provided an early version of his answer in his September financial statement. Amazingly, it projects a recovery of more than $100 million in natural gas royalties next year. Hmmm. Liquefied natural gas exports to Asia are still years away, and the U.S., our only current energy export customer, is developing its own huge shale gas and shale oil reserves.

In another forecasted miracle, sales tax revenue is expected to dip by a mere $120 million as the old provincial sales tax returns next year. In 2014 it is projected to bounce right back to where it is today, around $6.1 billion.

That’s odd. When former finance minister Kevin Falcon announced the transition back to PST last May, he described annual revenue loss of about $500 million the first year, and more than $600 million the next.

Granted, business investment credits and HST rebates to the poor also end, saving the government a pile of cash as this significant tax reform dies.
But it still looks like another fudge-it budget, designed to help another premier avoid the political graveyard at the foot of Deficit Hill.

Tom Fletcher is legislative reporter and columnist for Black Press and BCLocalnews.com

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »

And another slab of fudge- sell off assets to balance the books. If I sell all my belongings..........
To the trash bin with these doofus's . The throne speech is presently in my garden. I should have a bumper crop with that pile of fertilizer.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:54 PM »

The article below states we are doubling B.C.'s provincial debt from $33.8 billion in 2001 to $66.3 billion by 2015. Does this look like good money management by the Liberals?

http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2013/02/19/BC-Budget-Speech/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=190213