Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 for 1 deal. Whistler L.Day wknd. and Sox Today Sept.4  (Read 1166 times)

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
2 for 1 deal. Whistler L.Day wknd. and Sox Today Sept.4
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:31:48 PM »

Headed up to Whistler as we do every Labour Day long weekend. And then there's always time for a little fishing in between the trip. Only fished once in Whistler. Alta lake. Got there around 9 am in the morning on saturday at Lakeside Park. I was targeting 'dem big cutties they got in there. I first put on a big muddler minnow. After about 15mins of trolling the west side of the lake, i had a massive STRIKE! I set the hook and i knew right away i was into a nice big alta cutty. Now i know its not the best time of the year to fish for em, but hey, i got one one. After about reeling half of my line the thing went airborn. Holy $*!T! It's huge. It was 3+lbs easily :o 8). Now heres the part where i got to eager to handle the rod properly. I was reeling in to fast and pop goes the fly. AAHH crap :P. Troll around for another hour with a couple small taps but nothing worth setting the hook. I then change to  a size 8 black leech. Put that on and troll across the lake. Tap, tap, tap, Wham! Fish on. Oh its just a rainbow, but it was a good sized bow. 16inch bow outta alta! sweet. took a pic with my dads phone and let the fishy swim away. That would do it for alta lake ;).

On the way back on sunday from whistler, we stopped at one of my fav spots to fish.(Its a secret by the way ;) ) Its loaded with cutties and u can get em on dry flies or just plain old worms. Its sort of tough to cast a try perfectly, but i can managed. I can see them swimming about below so i cast in a dry fly. bam fish on. got about a fish every fourth or fifth cast and a good sized 12inch male with a kool looking snout. they are resident fish by the way. they are sweet lookin cutties ;).

Fraser Today:

Got to one of my fav spots on the fraser to find it...well...flippin busy. i guess its what u get for fishing on labour day. Anywho fished from 10.30-1.30 and got my limit in that time. sort of slow but i got the 2. the first was a little coloured but not much. it was a female of about 7lb.s. The next fish was a beaut! A 10lb. buck and blinding chrome. Looks like the sockeyes over for me. To everyone else, good luck with last minute fishing ;)

Tight Lines,
Coho Cody ;)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: 2 for 1 deal. Whistler L.Day wknd. and Sox Today Sept.4
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:36:59 PM »

thx for the report cody, Im sure you just had a big pike minnow or something on when it jumped ;) ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!