Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whistler Pemberton Fishing advice please...  (Read 1545 times)

e36blue

• It's a dog's life...
Whistler Pemberton Fishing advice please...
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

Hi All,

I'm thinking of going up to Whistler / Pemberton this weekend to flyfish. I've never fished up there before.

I'm contemplating whether to higher a guide or to try it alone and just throw a line into Alta Lake off of a dock.

Never tried river fishing before, I stillwater for the mostpart and have been dying to try river fishing. The guide would be for the Cheakamus River.

I respect guides, education, and knowledge... I expect a guide would cost about $350-$400 for the day. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons...

Any suggestions, insight, places to fish, and feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Whistler Pemberton Fishing advice please...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:33:24 PM »

I'm currently in Whistler right now for work. I'm about to head up to Pemberton to do some fishing this afternoon.

First of all, you wont be able to get up here this weekend. Pemberton Music Festival will be bringing in over 50,000 people to the area for a Thursday to Monday stretch. Highways will be jammed.

If you want to get guided I'd suggest calling Whistler Fly Fishing. I've been in the shop every day since I got here, and the guys are great. I over heard the price of a half day, one person guided trip to be $340+ Taxes. The guide won't be guiding the Pemberton area this weekend, their main focus will likely be the Cheakamus.

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
Re: Whistler Pemberton Fishing advice please...
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:41:34 PM »

Alpha Lake has been productive on the fly in the evenings.
Alta Lake same...try off the docks at Lakeside park or Fairhurst fishing dock on westside of lake.
Lost Lake in the evenings at dusk for small rainbows.Docks to fish from.
Green Lake at the mouth of River of Golden Dreams.Can wade in up to knees and can be VERY good thru out the whole day.

You can email me if you would like more info

Dave
david@currieartworks.com
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.