Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder, sunday feb 19  (Read 2376 times)

vedder, sunday feb 19
« on: February 19, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »

well started at 7 or so when it was light enough to fish effectively, useing pink wool to start then switched up to sum roe bags...... 4th cast, float down, 2 head shakes then gone, then my buddy casts rite after that and BAM,  fish on, starts screeeeeeeeeeeem'n line and jumpin around tharash'n about, after about a 5 min fight he brings in a nice 11- 12 pound wild doe, so after a few pics off she went, and while my buddy was landing the fish 2 guys came and started fishing the egzacct spot my buddy just landed one from, so my buddy walks up to him and asks wut the guy is doin and can he not see we are fishing this run and such,  and i mean there is only room for 2 guys and these 2 dumb shitz come in and start fishign 10 feet from us, my buddy lose's it and starts freakin out on these guys and made them feel so stupid... it was awsome, some people are just so inconsiderate of others, like if we did the same thing to these guys as they did to us they would be ratteled too, and its not like the river was packed,  we were the only 2 people on that stretch and they have to come rite next to us........ but enough with that, we split from there went down river where i hooked and lost 2 fish within a matter of 20 min or so,...... couldnt land them though, :( but anyways enough with this report,  water was low, CRYSTAL clear, EXTREMLY cold in the morning, fingers where numb after about 3 casts..... TiGhT LiNEs..........
420-|WiSh'[N] I WaS FiSH'[N]|-247

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: vedder, sunday feb 19
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:34:11 PM »

Appreciate the report. Too bad these dudes spoil an otherwise good day.

ko

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 09:41:29 PM »

same thing happened to me they are called flies . like flies on s---- t

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:35:42 PM »

unfortunately with the word out big time about the Vedder it's like the heat of salmon season out there some days...last sunday, nearly the same happened to me, with the exception that i was fly fishing and a couple guys from above moved down and were letting there drifts come down 30+feet and were screwing up my casts...i finally had enough to and told the guy next time he goes swimming...i was so mad i just kept starering at him hoping he would say or do something so i could make that threat happen...after a bit i finally regained my composure enough and realized that it's just not worth the legal ramifications or the headache...i told some guys to move up into my spot so jerk off couldn't have it and left...found another spot and finished the day in peace. Pretty much the reason i took Sat. off and hit the Nooksack...getting to the point where someone is gonna get a smack out there and how stupid is that???

FF

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 11:43:47 AM »

Slammed them yesterday in the lower. Hooked 6 landed 3 fish all wild. Lost a 15-16 Ibs hatch doe right at the beach but she would have gone back into the swim anyways. All on Huge chunks of fresh steely jam. Everyone else was hucking small baits. Seen a couple spooners get a couple as well. Couldnt believe the amount of premo fly water as well gonna have to fish it with the spey tomarrow. First trip in 2 weeks and what a difference in fishing!