Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seattle fly show  (Read 1669 times)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Seattle fly show
« on: February 11, 2006, 08:44:49 AM »

Went down on Friday, same spot as the golf show was. saw t.s. and his boss and talked to them for a minute....show is ok, a real heads up though, go for the talks in the "release" rooms and check out the fly tieing shows on the main level...instruction wise it is excellent, i sat through phil rowleys talk on fishing big trout on still water and it was excellent, i also sat through dave hughes tieing show and met him and got him to autograph a huge volume on fly tieing he wrote for me...some excellent tiers there....

If your going in hopes of buying some cool stuff etc. it was pretty weak on that side of things, IMHO that is, lots of displays but a few of them were displays only...i went looking for some major fly box's and found nearly zero unless i wanted the medium sized wheatleys for 55$$ which while a good deal was not what i was after, not much in the feathers etc. that you couldn't get in any decent shop either etc...casting pond and the instructors there were also very good and you can pick up some great tips....

Overall i found it a great time when you put your wallet away and opened your eyes and ears to what was being offered. best show i've seen in a long time that way...buying wise it was average to below...

p.s. also sat through O'keefe on fly fishing steelhead, it was light hearted and nice pic's but not near the depth of info. etc. that Rowley was...hope that helps

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re: Seattle fly show
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »

Was nice to meet you golfman. I thought the show was well done with a excellent lineup of retailers and companies. Tried casting a couple of the Fetha Styx and they are butter to say the least. Very nice. After the show was fun too, got free drinks at buddies hotel. Hung out with the guys from Trout Bum Diaries too. 8)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 09:48:14 AM by Trout Slayer »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
Re: Seattle fly show
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 11:56:39 AM »

that's cool...i watched some of their video..to be young again.. ;)