Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Windy Vedder River Fishing Report  (Read 1539 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Windy Vedder River Fishing Report
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:15:03 PM »

Boy!! was the wind ever strong today. Luckily, most of the time the howling is way on top of the trees but occassionally, a tornado of wind will hit the river and all hell would break loose. Float stopping, boucing up and down and lines going left and right!!!!!! I am glad to be sitting in my living room now.

Well, down to the fishing report.

I fished the same run up and down for countless times without seeing my float dip even once. Just as I was about to leave, I had one on for maybe 30 seconds before it spit the hook!!! ??? I tried to get it back for another 15 minutes but to no avail.

The guy that was parked( I swear to God that he was parked there for 5 hours without even taking time to do his nature's call) down the tail end actually hooked one for maybe 5 seconds.

But... the guys across me hooked into 2 beauties. One wild- which him tubed and got the hatchery to pick it up. The other was a nice hatchery that he let go. His buddy then walked down to the next run and bonked a nice fish.

That's my report for the day. Hopefully, I have better luck tomorrow with actually landing a fish. Not bad- been out 6 times and connected with fish 5 times.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Windy Vedder River Fishing Report
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:59:17 PM »

Nice Job Steelieman, Nice to hear that a fair amount of Steel is still being hooked!!  Keeps the faith up for the weekend.  Thanks for the report!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!