Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check out who will be at the Fraser Valley Boat and Sportsmen's Show this year  (Read 3455 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

The list of exhibitors that will be attending this year's Fraser Valley Boat and Sportsmen's Show is now online!

http://www.reel-shows.com/links.html

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing

Thats a list, thanks Rod, will be attending this year :o :)
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer

It's good site-ft to load lots of info.
Too much 'country living/RY/lifestyle' BS for me though I gave up on that show years ago and it isn't any better now.
Charge money to park in a farmer's filed, charge money to get in and then offer me a 'deal'.
No Thanks! ::)

tnt

Actually there is less country livin at the show, the show has been expanding every year into more info and the newest tackle and boating supplies, heck this year we are planning on having a dollar draw for a brand new spratley boat.
I think it is getting better each year, I will be glad to see all the new stuff again.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Sam, we all know that the show wouldn't be good enough for you as you're not the typical fishing average joe dude. ;D Glad you think the website is ok though, since the webmaster spent hours typing that list up. :P ;)

TNT is right regarding the Country Living Show. You have not been the only one who dislike having a show that is somewhat irrelevant to the other two shows. The organizers have heard the message, and changes are coming. Next year, the country living show will be replaced by a flyfishing show, to go with the existing boat and sportsmen's show and hunting show. :) At least that is the plan. Having all under one roof will be an exciting format to look forward to.

So they forced you to park on a farmer's field last time eh... Most of us had the privlege to park on the paved parking lots. What did you say to the parking lady? ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer

Will FWR be having a kiosk there?

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?

Hey Rod what's going on? I didn't see Fishing With Rod or Outdoor Writers of Canada on the list.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Fishing with Rod does not have a booth, but Chilliwack/Vedder River Cleanup Coalition has one and there will be a youth flytying workshop happening throughout the show at our booth. Some of the members from both FWR and FishBC will be teaching kids how to tie flies. Newsman will be there (time will be announced) to tie up some of his own creation. :) Our booth is located at the Pro Fishing Stage, so drop your kid off to tie some flies while you listen to the pros during the seminars. ;D

Not too sure about Outdoor writers of Canada. Do they have a booth or do they usually just have a meeting there? I was only typing up the list that was given. :)

Seminar schedule and details will be available in about a week or two from now!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

New additions to the exhibitor list as of February 1st, 2006

Boat and Sportsmen's Show

BC FEDERATION OF DRIFT FISHERS                                                     
BOMBARDIER RECREATIONAL PRODUCTS                                                   
GREATER VANCOUVER POWERSPORTS                                                     
GREENLINE POWERSPORTS                                                             
HERIOT BAY INN / ISLAND ADVENTURE CENTRE                                           
MASSET TOURISM COMMITTEE/ VILLAGE OF MASSET                                       
NO LIMITS MOTORSPORTS LTD.                                                         
S.T.S. GUIDING SERVICE                                                             
SEARUN FLY & TACKLE                                                               
SKI & TRAIL POWERSPORTS                                                           

Hunting Show

DOUBLE A PACKERS & OUTFITTERS                                                     
MAVERICK CAMOUFLAGE                                                               
NHK ENTERPRISES LTD                                                               
TREKSTA CANADA

Complete listing

speyghillie

Hi Guy's,
Think i will go have a look round one of the day's, well i'm travelling 6000 miles and i got a day or two to spare in the area, so will go have a look round.
Gordon (speyghillie)