Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Liquid expanding Foam  (Read 2410 times)

Pantharen

Liquid expanding Foam
« on: January 18, 2006, 12:30:24 AM »

I have tried googling for liquid marine foam, but I come up empty. I have a project I am wanting to build (sorry top secret for now) that will require using liquid expanding foam (the stuff you pour, and it expands and fills in open spaces for bouyancy) I am trying to find a source for it in Vancouver, but I'm having a hard time locating a local source online.

Any suggestions?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Liquid expanding Foam
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 12:34:50 AM »

A marine shop perhaps ?

Prettyfly

• I have a website..
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 12:40:35 AM »

there's some stuff in a can called "Great Stuff"... it's great.. just spray and.. whoosh... expands right before you..lol I don't know if it's marine but it's pretty all purpose.

But Google is very selective and seemingly only shows people what they want you to see..

I'm an expert google artist..LOL

http://www.marinefoam.com/polyurethanefoam.html
~They were displaced. Their use of the land and history as a people, such as it was known, was appropriated and used to advance competing European territorial interests.

~You've lived a life of privilage, one that was garnered by GREEDY thieves.

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 01:02:52 AM »

Try Western Marine on Powell St. in Vancouver. They're pretty huge, and have almost everything.

tnt

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 08:45:25 AM »

you have to be very careful on which foan you use as it can react towards gasoline or other products similar, I am just trying to source some for another fellow who needs it for flotation seats, leave it with me fore the day and I will see how far I can get.
if you have any questions call me at 604-857-5387
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »

Try Plastic Works in Surrey for expanding urethane pour foam. ph:604-501-9033 If they don't have it I'm sure they could direct you. Otherwise try the fibreglass resin supply places. Pour foam can be dangerous stuff. Ventilation is key both for yourself and the cavity you are trying to fill. Too much foam and you'll bust open your cavity. You'll also need vent holes to allow the trapped gasses and air to escape and allow the foam to fill the cavity. Don't get it on your hands or surroundings or you'll need MEK to get the stuff off. We used it for boat building.
I actually thought about using the stuff for leaking float tubes. Can't deflate them but they wouldn't sink either if you punctured the bladder.

Pantharen

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 03:23:24 PM »

Thanx people, thats the stuff I'm lookin for..... I'll post pictures of my project when I finish it, along with plans and over all cost :)