Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Calcutta TE DC-Seen One Yet?  (Read 2600 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Calcutta TE DC-Seen One Yet?
« on: January 15, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere here.
from
http://tinyurl.com/cv2dh

A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings) are specially treated stainless steel ball bearings that are at least 10 times more corrosion resistant than standard stainless steel ball bearings.

Lo-Mass Drilled Spool System reduces the weight of the spool by drilling, and lowers start-up inertia for more manageable casts.

A7075 Aluminum Spool is extremely strong, so we can use less material for lighter weight, which helps to achieve more manageable freespool.

Super Free (SF) bearing supported pinion gear system eliminates friction between the pinion gear and spool shaft for increased freespool.

Digital Control the first self-energizing system updates the amount of cast control up to 1,000 times per second for the ultimate casting distance and manageability.   :o :o :o
High Efficiency Gearing (HEG) is not only the oversized gears, but also includes the setplate and sideplate, which allow for a high speed retrieve while providing unbelievable fish-moving torque.

Large Diameter Super Duralumin Drive Gear increases the durability of the drivetrain.

Super Stopper is a one-way roller bearing that eliminates backplay for solid hooksets.

Assist Stopper is a back-up anti-reverse system that reduces the stress placed on the one-way roller bearing to increase durability.

Dartainium Drag material provides a wide range of drag settings and the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.

Clicking Drag Adjustment reduces the chance of the drag backing off at light settings while providing the angler a reference point to how much drag they add or reduce by turning the star.

Clicking Cast Control Adjustment allows for more confident adjustability of the friction-based cast control.

Recessed Reel Foot allows the reel to sit closer to the rod for comfort and maneuverability.

Drilled Crossbar reduces the overall weight of the reel.

Septon this handle grip material is soft to the touch and does not get slippery when wet (250 size only).

Cold Forged Handle Shank is much stronger than pressed or cast handle for non-flexing durability.

Metal Series Metal frames keep moving parts in precise alignment for increased efficiency and durability.

Platinum Service Plan by submitting your warranty card, you receive coupons for discounted clean and lubes and priority 48-hour turnaround times from our Satellite Service Centers!

Rubber Handle Grip is comfortable and soft to the touch (not available on 250 size).

Paddle-style grip (except 250, which has PV Power Handles).

PV Power Paddles These oversized paddle grips provide extra power and remain comfortable after a full day of deep cranking (250 size only).

Machined Aluminum Frame

Stamped Aluminum Handle Side Sideplate

Titanium levelwind insert 

Chrome Mykiss

Re: Calcutta TE DC-Seen One Yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »

Sam,
I thought my Calais was special, but this reel is truly a master piece or reel engineering ;)  I have seen one at Fred's Custom Tackle and was surprised that it was not locked in its own plexi-glass enclosure with pressure sensitive alarms on it :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:33:39 PM by Chrome Mykiss »

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:55:34 PM »

yea that is a nice reel to fish with... My buddy got one last year when it first hit the market.. Caught lots of fish with it but its little on the heavy side when it compared to the low profile reel.

Nostro

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »

Yeah, great! :)
And the price?
$749.95 at Fred's! :-\
Never look a fish in the eye.

wazzu

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 07:14:32 PM »

I use a 250 te dc with a 3113 sage mb with low profile reel seat it will put you in fish heven . its pure fishing fun       wazzu

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »

a very nice alternative is the calcutta conquest...it's the japanesse version and not sold in any of the local stores up there or in the U.S. that i have seen...it has very souped up gearings, double the ball bearings and the top and side panel are all drilled out for weight reduction...it is flat out bad a$$...i have the 200 and it's so much smoother then my 400 calcutta is stupid...if you look on ebay you can find them for very good prices..like most things!!!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 12:27:47 PM »

Apologies if this has already been posted somewhere here.

$750 cnd

Appears that it was designed to catch fisherman instead of fish.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 07:41:06 PM »

$750 CDN, that's about $24 US.  Just kidding, it is a sweet reel, but I don't think it's worth the extra money over the calcutta TE or even the standard calcutta.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »

$749.95 at Fred's! :-\

Ouch ! With that money I can buy a Talisman