Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: lost my licence  (Read 4940 times)

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
lost my licence
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:06:39 PM »

dam lost my license how long will it take to get a newone?can I get a newone at freds?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: lost my licence
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:21:22 PM »

Do not buy a new licence. Go to any provincial government office and complete a Statement of Loss form. It will cost you 10.00 (page 6 of the Freshwater Regulations)

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:43:13 PM »

Thankx for the info fish assassin.But what would happen if  I bought a new licence?can I get it at coquitlam city hall?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 12:00:55 AM »

Why pay the full price for a fishing licence when you can get a replacement for $10.00 (don't forget your licence expires on Mar. 31) I don't think you can get a replacement from a municipal office. It must be provincial. Alternatively try your local tackle shop

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 12:08:54 AM »

Thanks again..Just desperate to go tomorrow..was going with my son tomorrow..my younger son  was playing with my wallet I think when I was not looking sneaky little guy. :-[

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 12:15:22 AM »

Dead Head, don't forget to get the Steelhead stamp. I believe you will have to pay full price for the replacement stamp unfortunately.
I lost mine a few years ago and I am pretty sure I had to pay full price for the stamp.

Your son's allowance should cover it. ;D ;D

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 12:37:08 AM »

Yes I went to get it out of my wallet tonight because I forgot to get my stamp today was going to get it a freds at 7.am It sure would be embarrassing if I was stopped by dfo :-[

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 11:11:05 AM »

embarassing?! there would be nothing to be embarassed about. I think you would more likely be pissed about the fine..

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 12:35:42 PM »

Deadhead, here is a thread in FishBC that has some good information regarding your situation:

http://forum.fishbc.com/index.php?showtopic=27539&hl=lost licence&st=0

Youngin, if anyone is fined without a licence or stamp, he or she would most likely be embarrassed, because we all should know better. The only person to be angry at would be him or herself, for not being more careful.

The last time I forgot my licence was about two years ago, on my way up to Squamish on the Sea to Sky. I was pretty mad while realizing its absence in the car, and turned around and went home. Better be safe than sorry.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 05:36:27 PM »

Thanks for the help folks.I went to sea run fly and tackle and they had the form there no gov bull..the fee is$10.00..I ended up at my spot at 11.00 am great day but no fish.