Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible open seat to float the stamp Dec. 28th  (Read 4243 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Possible open seat to float the stamp Dec. 28th
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:41:31 PM »

Hi gang, Winter Steel, Bug Pumper, my dad and myself have booked a fishing trip on the stamp, problem is my mum just had emergancy surgery and my dad now is not sure if he is available for the trip. 

We are leaving on Dec. 27th, looking to catch the first ferry over to the island and fish the stamp by foot that day.  On the 28th we will float the stamp with Murphy's outfit and catch an evening ferry back to Vancouver.

Winter steel knows the exact cost of the guides and accomodations (I think its about $200 for the boat and $60 for a room) plus ferrry/food/etc.

We did this trip last year (same time) and the 4 of us ended up with 15+ fish! It was a great trip hence we are returning.

Anyone interested in filling my dad's seat IF he indeed is out, just leave a response here or email me (bctc@shaw.ca).  Right now he is 60% in but my mum may be released on the 27th in which case he is definitely out. 

I will update our plans as they solidify.

Thanks

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Possible open seat to float the stamp Dec. 28th
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 12:44:03 PM »

Just an update...guide is $175 per person and the room is $60.  Any takers...this is a great trip!

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 01:34:43 PM »

Sounds like a sweet deal not old enough to afford it yet. Ill be on the shore as you drift by probaly :P 

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 03:02:23 PM »

Hey Gooey, how's it going?

You guys should have a great trip. My buddies just came back from there a few days ago. They were also with Murphy. They got into around 30 between the two of them!!

I'm hoping to go next week with my buddy for a couple of days, if we decide not to pound the Thompson instead. It is dependant on the weather. Maybe we'll see you on the river.

Good luck.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 03:14:34 PM »

ATS,  I had an aquaintance tell me that his drift of the stamp (sunday or monday) with the murphys produced 25 steelhead including a 16lb buck!!!  Are you referring to Fabio?   Any how I am sure it will be an excellent trip.

As it turns out, my dad is OUT  :-[  .  I need to find someone asap. If anyone is thinking about it, don't hold back! 

Addicted To Steel

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:36:36 PM »

Hey Gooey, no not Fabio.  I was referring to a couple of friends of mine from Maple Ridge.

Maybe I might have to take that spot if my buddy cheaps out on me. LOL! We're going to talk more about it tonight. And, I guess I should mention my plans to my wife too while I'm at it!! LOL!

I haven't fished the Stamp before. I've fished the Gold a few times, and that was very nice. Most of my buddies have fished the Stamp lots. Everytime they come back with great fish tales. I've been putting it off for quite awhile.

I'll be in touch if our plans don't work out.

ATS

jokerwld

• He who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    • BC Outdoors
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 05:14:20 PM »

Gooey
I may be able to join you guys my wife is thinking about heading to comox to see he Mother and father
I might just have a reason to tag along
I will talk to her tonight and reply back xmas eve day
Mike
467 6536
jokerwyld at shaw.ca

jokerwld

• He who dies with the most toys wins!!!
    • BC Outdoors
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 04:01:40 PM »

Gooey
Is that seat still avaliable?
 I have teed up to plans so I am able to make it over
My home number is 467 6536
mike

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2005, 04:20:36 PM »

Sorry, internet has been down at home, just logged on now.  As it turns out, I believe winter steel has a guy teed up.  thanks for the interest but I am quite sure the seat is filled.

I'll post a report (and pics) when we get back!

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 05:09:03 PM »

Good Luck Gooey!! You're gonna right need it if you're wandering over this way to fish the flow! A few of us were out yesterday, turned into a hunt for a place to fish! The water is well up into the timber, right firehose that is, and brown as can be. Viz at 4:30ish yesterday was < 2 inches! But, it didn't rain too much today, so ya just never know. Be interested in seeing your report if you do make it over...

Cheers,
Nog

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2005, 12:24:41 PM »

Ya Murphy called us and we decided to put it off...go figure , all that pissing around to find a guy to fill the open seat and we get rained out!!!!!   :P

Dont know when we wil make it up, winter steal's time is limited now.  :'(

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2005, 06:16:36 PM »

Hey, not to worry! the run is just starting over here, and we'll see fish past the end of February. Loads of time to poke a hole in your work schedule, and get over to enjoy the FUN!  ;)

Not at all suprised Dave cancelled! Was pounding down this morn HARD that is. Gonna go out and have a boo at the flows tomorrow, but not really expecting too much in the way of fishing time...

Cheers,
Nog