Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Will you be attending the Vedder River Cleanup on January 14th?

Yes, I will be.
No, I will not be.

Author Topic: January Vedder River Cleanup  (Read 8896 times)

Lew Chater

Re: January Vedder River Cleanup
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

Wanted to add my thanks also to the great group of volunteers who came out to remove more debris from the Chwk Vedder River.

Sorry that golfman and his buddy got so wet, have to blame those Canadian beavers. When I gave you the Ranger area to do as you knew the area, didn't realize it was that wet in there. Would like to have more time to chat with you some time.

We also had interest from three new groups that were out today in Adopting a section of the River and that is just super!
After spending 62 years on this river system, it is heartening to see the support from so many people, from all over the Fraser Valley and beyond,  to help maintain this great treasure we have.
Well done All !!! ;D
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2006, 10:24:30 PM »

Wanted to add my thanks also to the great group of volunteers who came out to remove more debris from the Chwk Vedder River.

Sorry that golfman and his buddy got so wet, have to blame those Canadian beavers. When I gave you the Ranger area to do as you knew the area, didn't realize it was that wet in there. Would like to have more time to chat with you some time.

We also had interest from three new groups that were out today in Adopting a section of the River and that is just super!
After spending 62 years on this river system, it is heartening to see the support from so many people, from all over the Fraser Valley and beyond,  to help maintain this great treasure we have.
Well done All !!! ;D

look forward to it lew, was probably more fun that way anyways...poor ron has gotten his share of wet feet the last week at my expense...only thing i was dissapointed in was he wouldn't go back in and grab me one of the long stripped beaver sticks so i could have a walking stick...what's a couple more feet when your already wet???

David

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2006, 05:54:40 PM »

Hi All,

A great day!  It's been a long time that I held my head so high!

I was expecting to pick up a fair bit of crap but Holy Moly, I was amazed.  I thought that the bag of used baby diapers was bad, that was until I found the used ADULT diaper!!!  One major point that I would like to make is that before we got out there I was expecting lots of fishing-type rubbish (line etc), however apart from 3 small bundles of line and 1 small bag of empty lure packets that was it.  Another proud moment!

I would also like to correct Buckeye, I don't think that anyone there worked harder than anyone else!  Perhaps except for the likes of Chris, Rodney, George and all of the other organisers, who make this whole project possible.  Thank you guys!

It was great to meet a few of you yesterday, can't wait to see you on the flow or at the next clean up!

Well after the clean up we headed up above Allison Pool, in fact we dropped in just above Tom (Alwaysfishin)!  No fish but plenty learnt.  What a beautiful piece of water, I counted myself very lucky and privileged to be fishing in such a spot.  Hey Tom, did you get any?

Can't wait to get back and catch some of those incredible Steel.

Tight lines

David

allwaysfishin

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 06:41:08 AM »

had a really good float down in the prison run but..... i missed it hehe. the guys below me started bomb casting to where they saw my float disappear, by the time i re rigged with a fresh tiger prawn, they had casted in my strike zone prolly 10 times. I worked it up and around that same drift and nadda thing.
But.... It was so refreshing, after all this rain, to have the skies cooperate and allow us a morning of work and an afternoon of fishing.
And DAVID.... next time i'm headin out, I'll try and let ya know, be cool to chase some steel with ya.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2006, 10:40:38 PM »

An update.

Two bins were used to collect the garbage for the January cleanup:

Chilliwack Bin (GBHNR) - 1.58 tonnes
FVRD Bin (Rod & Gun Club) - 1.08 tonnes
for a total of 2.66 tonnes

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2006, 10:44:17 PM »

$68.65 in bottle returns for the CVRCC coffers. Thanks to all for making that extra effort to pick them up.

rivan

• The most fun you can have with your boots on!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2006, 11:18:14 PM »

I thought that the bag of used baby diapers was bad, that was until I found the used ADULT diaper!!!

I wonder if that belonged to the same guy that lost his shoes, socks and pants I found there? :D

It was a nice day to be out there for the clean-up……what a lucky break in the weather.  Thanks again to all the organizers that have given so much of their own time to put this together, I look forward to doing my little part in helping out again in Apr.

Tight lines

Ron :)
Real anglers dont bring beer