Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seminars!  (Read 5533 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Seminars!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 09:24:30 PM »

Perhaps we should have a small gathering out on the river. Some of the more seasoned anglers can team up with some of the green horns to show them some of the ropes.
Did you steal that idea from screemingreals.com? lol cuz they are having a get together on the river i think it would be a great idea.

Actually pretty much every local fishing website has an annual fishing getogether, its not just them. Besides, I'm sure you could learn a thing or two from something like this.
Actions speak louder than words.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 09:33:52 PM »

for sure id be interested in going to one.
The Bigger The Better!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 09:37:25 PM »

Maybe something in the new year before all the kids go back to school.
Actions speak louder than words.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 11:31:54 PM »

Rodney, yes i did take the course last year. We never hooked into anything, but I can only learn more by taking it again.

I don't think anyone should expect to see a fish at these seminars. If only that would happen everytime. ;D Taking it again is not a bad idea, but if it is the same seminar then the material he goes through will probably be the same as last year's. Make sure you ask lots of questions in that case, you will learn more from that. My recommendation would still be to try out a different instructor, as they differ in experience, skill, preference of waters etc.

The courses are intended for people who are new to fishing, not just to steelhead fishing. There are many on the forum who are just getting into river fishing this year, this would be a good one to sign up for. :)

Vic usually does a couple of salmon or sturgeon fishing seminars at Tradex every year, and he does a very good job on them.

timbo

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »

If any one is offering I would love to go steelheading with a few vetererns and pick up a few tips. This will be my 3rd year...1st year hooked and long line relaesed a beauty, last year completely skunked. Went up yesterday by lickman rd and the only thing I saw were ugly chums splashing around and a guy accross the river caught this feisty rainbow about 15".
If anyone planning to go please let me know @ tim@mostad.ca

Thanks and best of luck to all

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »

I think all us newbs wanna fish with the vetererns, I know i do :)
The Bigger The Better!