Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: For the hunters  (Read 2837 times)

nosey

For the hunters
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »

Whadya figure, now Paul Martin has promised to ban handguns and take away legally registered handguns if re-elected, how long will it be before he comes after our long guns that we all registered in good faith?

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: For the hunters
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:24 PM »

Gun registry is a waste of time and money.  Only law binding citizens will register, and they are not the ones that are commiting crimes.

Funny how government want to protect the bad from the good.  >:(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 05:02:59 PM »

Another reason in my mind to vote them out.

Islanderguy

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 06:08:29 PM »

I hunt with a bow, I am waiting for them to throw some restrictions on them now.

Paul sucks

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 06:19:12 PM »

banning hang guns will reduce crime... i don't think so....   How many of you shooter out there own a pistal??  Do you know how hard it is to get one now... First off you need your restricted FAC and get a libility insurences/ membership at a registered gun club before purches. Now at the time you purches, you have to presend your card, pay your money up front after that you can head home and dream about  the gun you just spend $1000 on for a few days to a week. Becasue the gun's info need to be send to police station for varifaction, and the back ground check for the owner.....  Now the week had gone by, you can go back to the store to claim your gun...  There will be a certifacate issue to you for transporting this firearm from store to home. During the transport and storage, the gun must be lock with a trigger lock inside a locked box. ammo must be store at a different box away from the gun..  And the pistal can only be transport form home to the gun range or gun store (repair) and home.. you might not transport your gun to other places at all time even in a locked box... if you need the gun for the gun show..etc, you apply for a one time permit for each event.  And afte all these fuss, do you think there will be a guy, just go though all the process to get a hand gun just to rob a bank???  Most of those guns in crime are ilegal anyway.. Maybe Paul Martin should spend his time sloving those ilegal guns problem rather then just fart out some stupid ideas..      

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 11:04:55 PM »

What new things have they really proposed here anyways? They say they want to take away handguns that arn't registered. Haven't they been doing that all along if known about? And if not why? The only real new thing is they want to strip them from collectors now. Do you really think gun collectors are the criminals out there? Of course to your average stupid canadian they don't know what there being told but if it has to do with banning guns they thinks it's a good thing, and that's why the Liberals will probably get relelected unfortunatly. Hopefully the citizens in this country will finally open their eyes and see what's going on with the Liberals.

nosey

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 07:04:25 AM »

It isn't just the non registered handguns he is talking about taking away, it is the legally owned, carefully guarded and fully registered handguns we have now. His theory being that only the police and army should be allowed to own hand guns.  It is a complete overreaction to serve political goals just as the gun registry was in the first place.  Now with one bad action by some nut case with a long gun it is not that big a step to confiscate all the long guns that were registered too, Don't get me wrong I am not a handgun owner or user but I can see the day coming when the Liberals will ban all gun ownership in Canada just to get votes from underinformed paranoid city people. As sportsman and outdoorsmen we have to start paying attention to all government policies that affect us, I'm not trying to tell anyone who to vote for but please pay attention to what the polititions are saying before you wind up with the police at your door picking up that '06 that your dad gave you when you were 14 and youv'e hunted with ever since.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 01:55:38 PM »

Ya and if a nut case drive their car into a city square cars will be banned.
What a faulty logic Liberals have.

true brit

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:09:04 PM »

hmm. bit late at night & iv,e had a few drinks ,but all handguns have been banned in G.B.,this was a knee jerk reaction following the dunblane shooting in scotland when some nut shot a load of schoolkid,s. the local gun club told the police that they thought he was a nut and would,nt allow him membership but they took no notice,there is now a 100 year secrecy order on the result of the finding of the enquiry.meanwhile gun crime increases,plus london have been awarded the olympic games,brits have to travel to europe to practice,with borrowed guns,yet when the games start anyone from anywhere can bring guns to england.?plus they are going to build a special range,then knock it down after,which is totally against olympic regulations.