Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is the Salmon fishery officially (or close to) over?  (Read 2423 times)

Sinaran

Is the Salmon fishery officially (or close to) over?
« on: November 29, 2005, 06:09:15 AM »

get my day off today and was gonna go do a very last minute fishing at the upper vedder. woke up around 5am, looked out the window and found that it was all covered by snow out there! thought i was just dreaming. snow falls in vancouver in november is pretty rare nowadays i would say.  ah well, had to cancel my fishing trip then..
would u guys still go fishing in snow? i know some steelhead warriors would tell the stories of how they got their ears and noses frozen just for the hunt of the beloved silver bullets, but while the steelies r not in yet and the salmons r pretty much all done spawning, would there be any left to do in between seasons? i'm one hell of a fisherman, i would love to do some fishing in the winter (other than fish-tailing while drive in snow  :P )
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
Re: Is the Salmon fishery officially (or close to) over?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 07:13:22 AM »

I did last sunday ;D ;D ;D. Temperature at the place i was fishing was -3c and 45mins away from Vancouver. I couldn't feel my hands ;D ::). and hey, I landed 2 coho ;D ;D

Nostro

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 08:10:37 AM »

Go fishing,  man! It is magical out in Chilliwack this morning. Fishing in snow is one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have. The river is the same. The fish are the same. The fish are there. :) ;), if you know where to look for them. And , having snow on the ground will quickly tell you if you are the FIRST in that hot spot. Virgin water! Doesn't get any better than that! ;D ;D ;D
Never look a fish in the eye.

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 10:58:51 AM »

Go fishing,  man! It is magical out in Chilliwack this morning. Fishing in snow is one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have. The river is the same. The fish are the same. The fish are there. :) ;), if you know where to look for them. And , having snow on the ground will quickly tell you if you are the FIRST in that hot spot. Virgin water! Doesn't get any better than that! ;D ;D ;D
it would be more interesting to find out bear's claw prints on the snow...   :o :o
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 11:24:53 AM »

No salmon season is not over. There is a late run that comes in late in Dec. My personal fave, caught some of my best coho at this time with the river all to myself.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 09:24:19 PM »

Auh! Bird you didn't need to share that much.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 06:09:51 PM »

Yeah..the Salmon Fishery is going to be over....now that hundreds of FWR members and their friends, their friends friends, and friends of friends are going to go up there looking for 'em.

::)

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint