Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Location advice  (Read 3170 times)

No_way

Location advice
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I have no car and it looks like my days off won't line up with those of the person I would get a ride with.  So does anyone know a good bar on the lower Frazer that has good (good being a relative term) transit access.  I live in Van. but I've only ever fished around Langley (i.e. Duncan Bar and Derby Reach).  The North arm of the Frazer is closest but I don't know it AT ALL.  Hehe I just love riding the bus with a load of fishing gear  :-\ but what options do I have, not to fish? yea right!

Thank you in advance.

PM me if you don't want to broad cast your secret spots.

No_way

Re: Location advice
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 02:40:02 PM »

no one?  :(

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2005, 03:12:34 PM »

What about a grey hound right into chiliwack to fish the vedder?  maybe a little extra if you already have a bus pass but I would rather fish the vedder than the fraser right now.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 04:27:22 PM »

at the foot of old yale road, near the scottroad skytrain, you can bar fish Brownsville Bar. get off the train and walk, probably 20 mins or so, or take the 312 or 319 bus and get the driver to drop you at old yale, I think it's the first intersection past the tracks on scott road going south. you will have to walk to the end of the road to the tiver from there, go through the gravel parking area to your right and the bar is through the trees on your left. Can be greatfor coho and spring jacks on the outgoing tides

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »

why is it best on the outgoing tide?  I thought fish followed the incoming tide.  I have always fished this bar on the incoming tide, I guess that would explain my lack of success  :-[

No_way

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2005, 10:00:34 AM »

First, thanks for the replies.

As far as the tide works, it has always been the outgoing tide that works for cohos in the lower frazer.  The common theory is that the out flow of water carries the sent of the bait better and that the fish are moving slower which gives them more opportunity to take your bait.  And it's not a little difference in how often they bite.  Before the tide turns there could be no bites for anyone.  Then, just after the tide change POW! half the people on the bar could hit there limits in 1/2 hour.  You can catch at all times, but the difference is staggering.

I also looked at the tides for the next week or so and I have 3 words for you: suck, suck, suck.

I know that if people are flipping spoons it might be the opposite with the tides, but for bar fishing it is the out going tide that fills the cooler.

Thanks again.

NW

fishherron

• DSC00434-001
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2005, 11:23:10 AM »

Incoming or out going? That is the question! There are bars on the Fraser that are good on both in and out BUT there are some that are good only on out and some that are are good only on in. Keep looking!!
Fish for all your worth but, remember what the fish are worth.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2005, 11:26:42 AM »

Incoming or out going? That is the question! There are bars on the Fraser that are good on both in and out BUT there are some that are good only on out and some that are are good only on in. Keep looking!!

Fishherron is banged on

wagz

• Can"t get enough!!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2005, 02:35:52 PM »

You could try the cap as well!

No_way

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 02:46:17 PM »

You could try the cap as well!

I don't know that river at all.  I don't know how to get there or what to do when I'm there.  The Fraser on the other hand... well, there's something to say for hucking out your roe, planting your my friend and sipping hot coffee while you wait.