Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR: A tiny piece of history!  (Read 11659 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: NFR: A tiny piece of history!
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 09:52:10 AM »

YAA, that's the place. So you've been there before?!?
How do you like the food and atmosphere?

No_way

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2005, 11:55:12 AM »

Denmark is europe's oldest reigning monarchy? :o ???

It is.  It's a shame that Denmark's Monarchy hasn't gone the same way as France, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, and Italy, Egypt, Iran, Poland....

CHOP!! either by Guillotine or ballot box.

Sorry Folks.  I just think that monarchies are pretty worthless institutions.  But then again Hamlet was Prince of Denmarch, so I guess something good has come of it.  ;)  Great Play.  I suggest it to all.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2005, 11:58:16 AM »

Bwi Bwi, we've never been, but I think we just might now. ;) I was looking at the price list, it is fairly reasonable. Would you recommend it?

No_way, Denmark need its Royal Family, how on earth would the newspapers survive if you take that away from them? ;D

No_way

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2005, 12:41:41 PM »

LOL!!  I see you share my theory on the British Monarchy!

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2005, 07:24:36 PM »

Definitely. It'e a nice place. Good food, good service, and great atmosphere. :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2005, 01:18:56 PM »

Did you try Jensen's Bøfhus while you were there? It's a bit like our Milestones or KEG. The food is fair to good, the service is so so most of the time. The price however, is the same as any fast food restaurants, so we usually prefer to go there instead of MacDonalds.

PistolPete

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »

Is Crown prince the same as Crown Royal ?

buck

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2005, 03:15:14 PM »

Pistolpete

Stay away from that Crown Royal. Drinking and boating don"t go together. No wonder you didn't catch any coho on the Harrison, you were going in circles.

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2005, 11:07:26 PM »

Denmark is europe's oldest reigning monarchy? :o ???

It is.  It's a shame that Denmark's Monarchy hasn't gone the same way as France, Portugal, Russia, Turkey, Germany, Hungary, Austria, Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, and Italy, Egypt, Iran, Poland....

CHOP!! either by Guillotine or ballot box.

Sorry Folks.  I just think that monarchies are pretty worthless institutions.  But then again Hamlet was Prince of Denmarch, so I guess something good has come of it.  ;)  Great Play.  I suggest it to all.

Yes, I do share some of you view points, but not all. First off, because it is the oldest monarchy in Europe it has a great deal of history and cultural value that I expect Canadians might have a tough time understanding. Secondly, the Danish royal family is very popular and they do a great job representing Denmark out in the world and help boost for instance trade and so forth. They do this way better than any politician would ever be able to. Of course, there's is some controversy in having a royal family and a democracy at the same time since no one should be "worth" more by birth. Then again, the royal family is not allowed to vote and is not allowed to voice political opinions either. It is more like a golden cage if you ask me.

Lately, there has been some talk about the future of the royal family, but it seems that as long as they behave and do their job properly and stay out of scandals, unlike the English royal family, we will keep them.

By the way, I never read Hamlet, don't even know the story  ;D  ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2005, 11:34:37 PM »

Nope haven't been there.  May be next time. Might be visiting the Scandanavia again next year. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2005, 01:02:17 AM »

Don't get me started on the British monarchy. :-X

No_way

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2005, 10:01:27 AM »

Yes, I do share some of you view points, but not all. First off, because it is the oldest monarchy in Europe it has a great deal of history and cultural value that I expect Canadians might have a tough time understanding. Secondly, the Danish royal family is very popular and they do a great job representing Denmark out in the world and help boost for instance trade and so forth. They do this way better than any politician would ever be able to. Of course, there's is some controversy in having a royal family and a democracy at the same time since no one should be "worth" more by birth. Then again, the royal family is not allowed to vote and is not allowed to voice political opinions either. It is more like a golden cage if you ask me.

Lately, there has been some talk about the future of the royal family, but it seems that as long as they behave and do their job properly and stay out of scandals, unlike the English royal family, we will keep them.

By the way, I never read Hamlet, don't even know the story  ;D  ;D

They're not allowed to express opinions?  That doesn't sound particularly democratic either.  That system, like Canada's is a "constitutional monarchy".  Usually monarchs will allow parlaments to form do to some "sign it or die" threat from there subjects.

There are a lot of people in Canada that STRONGLY support the monarchy for the same reasons you say.  But even more that don't care or are like me  ;D

Oh, don't read Hamlet, see it.  It is a play. Rent a copy and watch it, then watch it again.  It Shakespeare and not easy for people to understand if you haven't gotten an ear for it yet.  But while it is hard to understand to modern speakers there are reasons why he is widely regarded as the greatest English language writer of all time.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2005, 12:09:12 PM »

Oh ALOT of Canadian support to 'keep' the royal family is because.... We don't have to pay for them  ;D ;D