Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Did Not Win At The CRAC Fund Raiser  (Read 2357 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
I Did Not Win At The CRAC Fund Raiser
« on: October 22, 2005, 09:30:10 PM »

I was disappointed not to have won the $1,000 or any of the secondary prizes at the CRAC habitat fundraiser today but it was a enjoyable event never the less. I donot believe any of the tickets Rodney or I sold won either. :o The winning ticket was sold in Chilliwack Dart and Tackle and won by a chap named Dan from Vancouver. I believe around 330 tickets were sold, thanks to all from this forum that purchased tickets and supported the event as the fish will be the real winner with the money raised. I believe a tidy sum was raised for clay slide repair work and habitat restoration on the Chilliwack River.

Some good buys were made as well by those that purchased items in the silent and live auctions and the lunch was great as well. Thanks to Ev, Seona and Frank for preparing it.

It was good to see our Environment Minister Barry Penner attend as well, he certainly is one minister that is taking a real interest in his Ministry. One of our members asked the Minister today how things were going with that proposed bait ban and it does not appear there will be any major changes from the present regulations.

Thanks to Dave Lamson and his committee for the enjoyable day.

Islanderguy

Re: I Did Not Win At The CRAC Fund Raiser
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 10:21:34 PM »

Was that the thing up at the hatchery??  If so what was the weight on that Spring???  and how many eggs in that Jar???     

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 10:44:07 PM »

Environment Minister Barry Penner and CRAC director David Lamson.

CRAC director David Lamson receiving a cheque from Chris Gadsden on behalf of the Fraser Valley Salmon Society.

A typical River Cleanup Coalition "meeting".

Buckeye

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 07:14:25 AM »

I've seen him with it off!
And yes, it was a fearsome experience:

I guess he thought it was too dark out to take pictures.  ;D

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 09:07:27 AM »

I did not win at the CRAC function. If there were three prizes left and only two tickets remaining, I still would not win. :'(
"One man of courage makes a majority"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 11:55:52 AM »

So by now I think those who bought a ticket or two from me have already figured out that you did not win the money. :-\ :-[

But, the good news is, you were part of a process that will lead to better things on the Vedder in future years. :)

From David Lamson of CRAC:

Hi Habitat Stewards,

Our annual Help Habitat Fundraiser went well this year. The weather was great, attendance down slightly, but the enthusiasm and participation of the crowd made up the difference.

Congratulations to our Raffle winners who were:

• 1st Prize $1000 Daniel Tsaz, Vancouver
  • 2nd Prize $ 500 Tom Kennedy, Slesse Park
  • 3rd Prize $ 250 Nelson Kahama, Cultus Lake

Thank you to the many businesses supported us with cash donations and prizes for the auctions, and their concern for the health and sustainability of our fishery resource.

Thank you to Barry Penner our MLA and Minister of the Environment, for his active care for the environment, and taking the time from his busy schedule to stop in to talk to us and drawing the winners.

And a special thank you to all of you, the sellers of tickets, lunch providers, workers at the auction and the buyers.

Our profit after paying the cash prizes and some expenses for the lunch supplies is over $5,750.

This gives us the seed funds for leverage with projects for next year.

• Nonie Creek off-channel rearing ponds
  • Slesse Creek Stabilization
  • Chilliwack River Nutrient Enrichment

Keep up the good work, and tight lines.

Dave Lamson
Chilliwack River Action Committee

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 06:58:45 PM »

Rodney sold me one of those tickets. He's going to spend the Christmas holidays in Denmark. Coincidence ?  ;D