Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two lost rod and reels at Tamihi on the weekend.  (Read 1597 times)

fishyfish711

Two lost rod and reels at Tamihi on the weekend.
« on: October 17, 2005, 12:04:32 PM »

Two rod and reels were lost around the Tamihi bridge area on the weekend. One was a yellow richmake rod and an ambassadeur reel, the other a Fenwick rod and baitcasting reel. Please email me at fishyfish711@hotmail.com. Thankyou

shrek

• I'm a llama!
Re: Two lost rod and reels at Tamihi on the weekend.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 06:00:23 PM »

did you drive away with them leaning against the bumper??? :P :P

fishyfish711

Re: Two lost rod and reels at Tamihi on the weekend.
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 08:03:44 PM »

I've been fishing for over 20 years on the vedder and never lost a rod. Broke a few in the door etc. Last weekend I had my rod "slip" out of my hands. I dove in the water and grabbed it before it drifted too far down stream. The rod was very old and I noticed the cork grip very hard and smooth, I meant to lightly sand it but never got around to it. This past weekend the same thing happened again and I wasn't as lucky. I cant say either was, or was not on a fish or a snag. When I cast over a hundred times a day I dint really remember the details of every cast. I am almost sure it was not a fish because of the way it drifted down stream. The fellow about 10 ft down from me tried to maneuver my rod with his rod to the inside of the rock he was standing on but could not and it drifted down stream. I am 38 years old and am sad to say my dad reamed me out about how irresponsible I am etc. He went fishing two days later and set his rod against some bushes to the right of his van and forgot to put it inside. He came home and drove 1.5 hours back to chilliwack to see if it was still there but it was gone. cupcakes happens eh! I have been using a lot of roe lately maybe my hands were wet or slippery.