Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wild coho galore!! October 13th  (Read 3001 times)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
wild coho galore!! October 13th
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:07:44 PM »

DARN!! its wild. I hate having to say that. Well I must of heard that phrase 7 times from 4 people today at brownsville bar.I managed to hook into a small hatchery coho as did a couple other people. It doesn't look like people think there are many coho in the river right now,but infact,there are quite a few. However,most of them are wild. I'm not sure if some of you guys just don't bother reporting even wild ones. Anyways, as far as I can tell, it looks like their definitely coming!!! :) :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 07:05:46 PM by Rodney »

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: wild coho galore!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 05:43:22 PM »

Hmm maybe the monster run is still on the way and will get to the vedder for this saturday. :P
[

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 05:48:01 PM »

IMHO, having to say it's wild is a good thing.  It points to indications of healthy returning stocks.  If you're catching more wild than hatchery, then we know conservation works.
President Club S. C. & P.

Gillie

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 06:52:28 PM »

Brownsville is in the tidal portion of the Fraser in Surrey. Method most likely used, bar fishing with roe. :)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2005, 06:56:51 PM »

Sounds good!!!!  I alrready had a barfishing day planned for saturday!!!!!  I am getting a little sick of the gong show on the Vedder, so I thought that I would take a weekend off.  But I'm still going bar fishing, so I guess that it is not really a weekend off at all!!!!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!