Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Posting Fishing reports  (Read 13908 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Posting Fishing reports
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 07:16:45 PM »

I just had dinner, there is a life beyond here, you know? ::) ;)

I made homemade lasagna for my family and it was healthy and great.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 07:34:56 PM »

Actually, for the population growth that's happenning, it is actually amazing that the rivers are not more crowded than they are.

The internet does make it efficient to spread the information.  But if people really like to fish they would find information anyway.

eddie, be thankful that a lot of the people that are moving to BC Lower Mainland are more focus on life's essential things like making a living instead of recreation.
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

phatwop

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 07:35:33 PM »

hockey game's on.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 07:42:51 PM »

hockey game's on.

Ya watching it....Wild scored on a penalty shot its 4-0  :(

Belong to the "4 F Club"

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2005, 08:25:26 PM »

Well..in this case..I would have to add my 2 cents worth.

If someone believes they have something to report that will be beneficial to others out on the river or the ocean, that is perfectly acceptable. However, if there is a conservation concern, in that event, I would recommend that people probably manage their posting selectively.

For example, you have seen me stand on top of the mountain yapping out the mouth of the Cap this and the mouth of the Cap that, and Ambleside this and Ambleside that...and the fact of the matter is, whether its 40 boats, 50 boats, or 100 boats, I usually end up producing a similar type result...CATCHING FISH!

However, in the event that I ran across a certain area that was RED HOT I would likely post, but selectively make those notations in the POST if I wished my success to continue and the opportunity to fish the area again in a similar fashion that would be compromised by substantial angling pressure.

SO, the long and short of it is...THIS.

1. if you are fishing a small river or areas where you believe that blabbing it all over the net would adversely affect your success or the stock being fished then keep it to yourself otherwise fully expect it not to be "empty" next time you show up.

2. Professional Guides don't share all their secrets, but for the most part, they do just fine sharing many of their details.

3. Use your own best judgement in being a steward of the resource by being selective in the information you dole out.

4. Out of good sportsmanship..or whatever the politically correct term is, do share information with inquiring anglers, and help others catch fish but do not mislead others.

I can attest that the reports being published by myself and by all local saltwater guides have been accurate and true, and with a little know how, I honestly believe that  EVERYONE has equal opportunity on ANY RIVER or the OCEAN to seek out the knowledge they desire and deserve with effort to produce the results they want...unless you happened to be a certain know it all...about the Cap River....lol...

Overall, the long and short of it is, if you had some phenominal success fishing a particular spot, on the Vedder, some creek or stream or slough or in the chuck, and you BLAB it all over the place, fully expect there to be someone else fishing "your spot". On the other hand, in the event that "priviledged" information becomes known to "you" then please please please respect that information and guard it out of consideration of those that shared the information with you.

Notice that some people won't tell you what depth of water they were fishing, how long their leader was, what tacts they take, what time of day, or what tide or whatever. Share your information selectively, and it is your responsibility to be sporting yet remain a steward of the relationship at the same time.

Use your best judgement..that's all.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2005, 08:43:21 PM »

Here's my take on everything i've read so far:

The small stream i fish has been effected by post on internet forums. The originator has been talked to and hopefully wont do it again. Rarely do i read posts here or FishBC (the places i browse) about small streams, when teh stream is named. But it does happen, and it does have an effect. Maybe Eddie's numbers and facts arent completely in line, but these forums do have a direct relation to ppl that fish the rivers. Of course there are other aspects that increase the rivers usage but eddie is just trying to stop or slow down one form of it.

I personally rarely keep fish unless fishing one of the Enhanced systems. I take pictures. and when i take pictures i am careful not to inclued too much background as to give away my spot or river.

Dennis: I work at a tackle shop. You will never here me tallk about a small system or suggesting that a customer goes there. Most ppl who work at tackle shops are educated enough to understand the effects their own suggestions would have on the survival of the river.

Eddie: You seem to get your hair up easily. there is no hints of a personal attack in Dennis' fisrt post. Like others have said this is a discussion forum,not everyone will see eye to eye. And as for previous history of deninis being a problem. You seem to always look into the past. I have been scrolling these forums for a while (fishBC longer than FWR) and i have had lots of disagreements with others but i never hold that against them. Just let it go.

the real question is,  will minnesota play Fernadez or Roloston on friday??? ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2005, 08:48:14 PM »

Roloson got the shutout so its got to be Roloson. She stopped all 34 shots he faced. Did you get that spool for me yet?

Belong to the "4 F Club"

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »

ordered it. it was back ordered. i'll try again.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2005, 09:15:28 PM »

I have to apologize as I do tend to get a bit heated but you have to expect that from a dutchman LOL. I am just very passionate in everything I do or take on. Sometimes I get the better of myself so if I go on a rampage please just let me know in a calm manner and I will calm down.

Belong to the "4 F Club"