Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Discussions at the DFO Consultation  (Read 6062 times)

Gooey

• Old Timer
Re: Discussions at the DFO Consultation
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2005, 10:07:46 AM »

The gentleman from DFO promised me some contact information for feed back on the regs, I will email him today to get that.  If there is a body that wants to hear from us (ie that contact he gives me) then I will certainly pass that on.  The changes to the regs I propose are simple, easy to inact.  Other than than that if the sports sector is to be heard, we need a lobbyist.  The best way we can do that is to support the already exsisting organizations.

Maybe Rod could ad a page with details of each organization and links to their web sites etc.  That way we can look thru and indentify which organization aligns with our interests to most an then get behind them.  DOOOOH  :o thats already a part of FWR (Under the clubs section - http://www.fishingwithrod.com/club/index.html)! 

Rod, I know there are a lot more clubs and association...is there a way to get a larger list...maybe even provincial?   

Getting involved, taking a stand....either personally or thru a club, is a step in the right direction.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Discussions at the DFO Consultation
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2005, 10:29:01 AM »

Maybe Rod could ad a page with details of each organization and links to their web sites etc.  That way we can look thru and indentify which organization aligns with our interests to most an then get behind them.  DOOOOH  :o thats already a part of FWR (Under the clubs section - http://www.fishingwithrod.com/club/index.html)! 

Rod, I know there are a lot more clubs and association...is there a way to get a larger list...maybe even provincial?   

Always thinking ahead. ;)

The club list was originally constructed a couple of years ago and additions only take place when club and association reps send me their info if they are not already on there.