Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Veddar Jacks are green?  (Read 2378 times)

Markthefisher

Veddar Jacks are green?
« on: October 01, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

Just wanted to make a post to inform on the local situation. Fished Friday morning, the river was truly amazing {very high/muddy}. It changed sooo much in 24 hours. All my pre-coho research is useless. Pools have changed, heck the main channel is now where a small trickle used to be. Anyway, tryed my luck in the mud pie for what was suppost to be 15 minutes. To my surprise the jack springs were biting in the slow water beside a fast run{No,... I didn't floss em!}. Has anyone else seen these lawn green things? I dont mean a tint of green, they looked like something that would come out of the lake in the Simpson's. You know the one by the nuclear power plant. TOXIC GREEN. The fish appeared to be health and strong like a fresh fish but the color was odd. I know Adult springs turn black after being in the fresh water to long and figured jacks would be the same. Are they different or could this be the result of something else? In the Chilliwack papers there was a story of a truck that rolled on the Columbia Highway and spilled 500 liters of diesel fuel. Maybe that spilled into sweltzer?

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
Re: Veddar Jacks are green?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 09:59:28 AM »

When they come in early, they would turn that color first.
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Veddar Jacks are green?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 10:24:50 AM »

i have caught a green jack before. I dont think that theres anything wrong.