Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Lone Fishing Trip  (Read 2425 times)

stormrider

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fish
First Lone Fishing Trip
« on: September 29, 2005, 08:25:35 AM »

I loaded up and went on my first lone fishing trip since my husband died.  Not used to driving the truck with the camper on...I had a slight problem.  When pulling into a store to get a sandwhich and some liquid refreshments I got too close to the building and ended up with a slightly torn storefront awning, a hole in side of camper and a window smashed out.  Oooops.  Luckily (depending on how you look at it) there was a RV place down the road and about 3 hours  and $323.97 later (they cut a really big hole in and put in a bigger window to cover up the hole) I was back on my way.  A lesson learned.  I hope.  The rest of my trip went pretty smoothly (except for one night I won't mention) and everyone was so great.  Everyone was helping me out to set up right, and lending me the "right" roe.  Unfortunately, I ended up with no fish even after two weeks of getting up at 5:30 and fishing every day.  Okay, so I'm slow on the uptake, and to be fair (just another excuse, I know) the run was late.  Everyone was rooting for me.  But, I had to very good time and sometimes a little nostalgic, (okay a lot),  but I'm going again next year. I got to see some fish come in, the biggest being 21 pounds.   With better equipment I just might turn into a salmon catching woman yet, (okay.   And more experience)  So now that I'm back home, I'm looking forward to getting out on the lake and catching some of those Gerrard Rainbows.  Happy fishing everyone.

dennyman

• Old Timer
Re: First Lone Fishing Trip
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 09:57:24 AM »

Hi Stormrider: so which river system were you fishing ?If it was out in the Lower Mainland area, the Pink salmon fishing has been pretty good the last couple of weeks.

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:23:04 PM »

Sounds like you had a good time, besides the camper fiasco. Keep at it, ladies usually always out fish the guys. ;D

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:44:42 PM »

glad to hear you made out ok on your trip. bummer about the camper but it worked out good. keep on fishin ;D ;D

stormrider

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fish
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 07:23:39 PM »

I was up on the Shushwap River fishing for Chinooks.  I will alway fish.... I live for it.  It's my third year doing that, and I plan on continuing as long as I can.  The people there go every year and they are a great bunch.  Plus...it's always a great holiday if you can fish every single day.  It was about 50 feet from camper to river....awesome.