Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: It is raining right now, hope that it keeps up!!!  (Read 1786 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
It is raining right now, hope that it keeps up!!!
« on: September 19, 2005, 11:58:35 AM »

Well, if it keeps raining I'm looking forward to heading out for some more coho action.  My buddies and I have gotten into three now and looking forward to a few more.  But we do need more of the wet stuff. Have to get some color into that water most of the coho are spooked right now, can't seem to get any to bite after first light!!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Floater

• Old Timer
Re: It is raining right now, hope that it keeps up!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 12:25:57 PM »

YAh i wana get into some coho bad but gotta figure out how to cure this roe first its all messed!!!!!!
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: It is raining right now, hope that it keeps up!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 12:36:21 PM »

Well floater if you must know!!!! It is easy, don't use the procure stuff when you are just learning.  All I do is just open up the skeens and lay it out on a screen.  When the roe turns a nice bright red or orange color( usually 12-15 hrs, less if you leave it outside) cut it into small pcs, put it in borax making sure that it is totally covered, and put it in the fridge for a couple of days.  After a couple of days it is ready to go.  Sooooo, if you leave the roe that you cured in the fridge for a couple more days, then it might be ready to use.  It takes a while for the hardening to set in. ;) ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!