Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help Please: Direction to the Vedder/Harrison from Vancouver  (Read 2201 times)

Sinaran

Help Please: Direction to the Vedder/Harrison from Vancouver
« on: September 19, 2005, 01:26:25 AM »

Get a dayoff tomorrow(monday), after getting skunked day in and out at the local fishing spots, i've decided to go somewhere further to catch my first salmon!!  My first choice would be the vedder canal as everyone is giving positive feedbacks.  Any one pls let me know how can i get there from Vancouver?  Approximately how long and what are the best spots over there?  spoons or jigs?  and the best time...?  Thanks so much for the instructions guys!!!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Help Please: Direction to the Vedder/Harrison from Vancouver
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 02:00:46 AM »

From Vancouver, travel towards Chilliwack on Hwy 1.

Option One

Take the No. 3 Road exit just after Abbotsford. Turn right and continue, follow the Cultus Lake signs. After travelling for about ten minutes, turn left onto Boundary Road. Continue for about two minutes and there turn right onto Keith Wilson Road, you'll immediately go across Keith Wilson Bridge.

On either side of the Vedder Canal, travel along the gravel road to access the river. Don't fish under the bridge, or on the bridge. ;) Walk the canal, either up or downstream from the bridge. You'll find good waters. Fish spoons.

Option Two

From Hwy One, take the Lickman Road exit soon after you go across the Vedder River. Turn right onto Lickman Road, travel until you reach Keith Wilson Road. You can either:

• Continue until you reach the parking lot, and walk up and down on the Rotary Trail to find runs where you wish to fish,
  • or turn right onto Keith Wilson Road and travel until you reach Keith Wilson Bridge, and follow the previous directions from there.

Sinaran

Re: Help Please: Direction to the Vedder/Harrison from Vancouver
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 02:17:30 AM »

thanks rod~~~ u da man~
hey i am wondering if u still have any spoon left? those that u made and blessed....  :o
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!