Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pink worms.  (Read 5497 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Pink worms.
« on: September 15, 2005, 09:58:35 PM »

Anyone try catching pinks on pink worms just casting it out like a spoon no float or anything?
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Pink worms.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 10:15:28 PM »

Haven't tried it this year, but a couple of years ago the worms were the only thing that I had left to try, and to my surprise the worked pretty darn good.  You have to do a slow retrieve and give them a few tugs every couple of spins on the real but they will work.  I hooked four in about a half hr.  But that was 2 years ago who know about this year!!!!!
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

wagz

• Can"t get enough!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 01:50:47 PM »

They still work.

Was out under the Alex Fraser before work this morn. Hooked 2 in about 15 min? - 6" bubble gum made by Dave Hawkes of Hawkeye Dist. :)

Matuka Jack

• It's time to fish!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:16:34 PM »

Pink worms works pretty good.  I used to use it a lot.
"Of the things we think, say or do:
1.  Is it the TRUTH?
2.  Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3.  Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4.  Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?"

By Herbert J. Taylor

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 04:15:07 PM »

I might try floatfishing them this weekend, after I get tired of slaying them on the fly ;)
Ionno where i fish if never seen a fly fishermen land a pink kinda put me off that type of fishing. One guy comes every day im there in the morning casts for 4 hours goes home comes back again afternoon and gets nothing again its kinda like masturbation to me without the pay off. :P
[

salmon assasin

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 04:52:06 PM »

Ionno where i fish if never seen a fly fishermen land a pink kinda put me off that type of fishing. One guy comes every day im there in the morning casts for 4 hours goes home comes back again afternoon and gets nothing again its kinda like masturbation to me without the pay off.

in my opinion fly fishing for pinks out produces gear in clearwater rivers 10 to 1

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 05:25:53 PM »

You should come to where i fish every day i see the fly fishermen strugling changing up flies trying everything ionno they should try dry flies cuz the pinks are allways jumping or hitting something on the top.
[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 05:43:58 PM »

Ionno where i fish if never seen a fly fishermen land a pink kinda put me off that type of fishing. One guy comes every day im there in the morning casts for 4 hours goes home comes back again afternoon and gets nothing again its kinda like masturbation to me without the pay off.

in my opinion fly fishing for pinks out produces gear in clearwater rivers 10 to 1

In clearer water smaller is better and I think sometimes thats why they hit the fly more often. I myself would prefer to flyfish than anything else any day of the week. Flyfishing is more of an art form and it takes allot of practice to do it with efficiency.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

crack a dawn

• These boots were made for eating!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 06:00:59 PM »

I hear yeah eddie99,, Was at the Vedder today,, and got skunked.   Very tough fly fishing for me right now.  Only guys I saw taking anything were gear fisherman with roe.  Jury is still out if they were flossing them.   I tried various flies.  Small pink ones,, greenish ones,,ect,,,,,,,,,,nothing.    Gin clear water............. Still,nothing beats salmon on the fly.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 08:07:44 PM »

flossing on the vedder what the play? with a float? i hardly see how that is possible unless they are doing the just a lead and a hook method. I dont see how you can floss when everything you present with a float is suspended vertically and plz no turning this into a flossing debate i need pink worm info!
[

crack a dawn

• These boots were made for eating!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 11:05:44 AM »

Floater,,you can with a long leader and dragging it out at the end of your sweep.   

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 12:02:26 PM »

How would u set up this rig to fish the lower fraser?? to slow float fish...

DaN

redlad

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 05:22:32 PM »

In my opinion flys work great for pinks in clear rivers.  I was over at the campbell earlier this year and could not buy a pink on gear, but I slayed them on flys.

yesterday I did well in the upper Fraser with a #2 pink bunny fly.  Landed 13 ( 4-5 fould hooked though).  But in the upper fraser I think Floaters jigs are perhaps the real deal.  Two years ago in the same spot I hammered the pinks with pink jigs.