Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bait question.  (Read 2555 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Bait question.
« on: September 14, 2005, 11:18:08 PM »

Im thinking of trying to roe sacks for bait in the vedder this year but i have a question. People use them to target coho but do other fish such as white chinook also take the roe sacks just as well? I love to catch coho and wana improve my catch but also wana feel a tug of a spring.
[

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Bait question.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 11:19:39 PM »

They certainly will take roe bags. I find big chunks of bait works better if you're targeting springs.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 11:21:06 PM »

Ah the season of the Vedder is upon us, dont bother wasting bait on those stinky whites!!!!! Just use peach coloured wool or other articificials and save the goods for coho water.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 11:57:22 PM »

Yah i get you trout slayer but just wanted to know if the roe sacks are straight coho but im glad the springs take em too and dont worry im gona have plenty of sacks for coho and springs. :P By the way coho water? do you mean a good deep pool? or tail out? or fast run?
[

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 09:20:56 PM »

It is hard in my opinion to catch coho out of a deep pool.  I've always had my best luck in runs that are 3-5 feet depp with a fair amount of current.  Also if you can find a few small seams in the middle of rapids after a big rain.  That workss really good as well.  For that though you will want to short line it.  Your float will be rippin through there pretty fast.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 09:31:31 PM »

i started using roe sacks two seasons ago and all i can say is i broke my rod last year on a huge spring and it's absolutely the best choice as in terms for what to use to go after those hoe's, ;)