Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tackle Shop Fishing Reports  (Read 4853 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Tackle Shop Fishing Reports
« on: August 31, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »

I've been reading and hearing how excellent pink fishing has been off the mouth of the Seymour from a couple of fishing tackle shops locally. I've been out over 2 dozen times this month, fishing first light, mid day and evenings and certainly have not found fishing anywhere close to being good. In that time I have seen very few fish being caught. How much do you trust the fishing shop fishing reports ?

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Tackle Shop Fishing Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 02:35:14 PM »

Or how much do you trust the fisherman's who give the tackle shops the reports. Which are  told to us?
The Bigger The Better!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 03:07:10 PM »

just call 604 638 5899
I'll give you the straight goods....
and your right , pink fishing has been spotty at best off cates and seymour mouth. furry was good for a while but isn't worth reporting on either.
best bets for pinks is fraser bars , we've had "some" success on the fly last few evenings. tonight it should be good around 6:30 to 7:30pm

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 07:22:16 PM »

problem is that most of the tackle shops that don't have close ties to guides or accomplished anglers don't get accurate reports.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Trazdar

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 09:14:45 PM »

if the pinks are not doing good they may also say things to help there sales out since from my understanding is that pinks are mainly a 2 yrs thinng.  So you take what you hear and find out for yourself to see if true or not.  If you find out otherwise post it.  I was going to that river for a while and stop now becuase nothing has been happening for the past week or so.  But from time to time i go down just to check.

:)

Wool Bandit

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 11:47:07 PM »

Everybody has to earn a living somehow!

crack a dawn

• These boots were made for eating!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 11:36:34 AM »

I wish that in anyfishing report,,, there was never mention of an exact location.  To many people flock to what ever is reported here.  How about say "fishing has been good or great  on upper fraser"   Thats enough said, in my opinion.

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 01:29:07 AM »

True Cracka, I side with you on that one about telling people where the fish was caught. However, in good sportmanship, it is good to say every now and then where you caught your fish, and as a professional guide, I know what this means. However, many of the professional operators in the chuck offer up where they caught their fish. Basically, how it works is 10 percent of the fishers catch 90 percent of the fish, and of that 10%, 5 % out fish the remaining 5% by probably 2 to 1. So there is plenty of fish to be caught. In the chuck, this does hold true, and if I am fishing the Bell Buoy for example, I really don't mind if there are 20 boats, cuz I can still turn the results if the fish are around, however will be an issue, and 100 boats will tick me off, and I'll fish the T10 and outfish the fleet of 100 boats at the Bell.

But when river real estate is at a premium, I understand your point as there are far more river fishers than in the chuck. I have no problem offering up advice, yet I will do it selectively, to those really deserviing of knowing, and anyone that has been burned by "blabbers" knows the frusteration. In all honesty, welcome to the sport...or should I say..meat fishery. Personally, I won't bother with river sockeye fishing because really, it isn't fishing.
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

crack a dawn

• These boots were made for eating!
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 04:31:46 AM »

I agree with you.  I just think that people have kinda forgotten or don't know the 2 golden rules of fishing.  1) Never ask or tell where the fish was caught. 2) Allways lie about the size of your fish. ;D  Theres nothing wrong with giving a general area,,say mid river,, or close to chilliwack. 
I love this site,,  and I'm much much addicted to it,, but I think that it is deadly for spreading the word around a little to fast.