Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dont be a hero  (Read 5215 times)

lucky

• Old Timer
dont be a hero
« on: August 31, 2005, 01:19:56 AM »

Just a few moments ago while trying to enjoy a tea outside we heard screams for help coming from the neighbours house, my gf quickly dialed 911, I grabbed the bat and went to investigate, well two masked men emerge from the neighbours garage and try to get past me in the alley, I pulled back the bat ready to start swinging and one of the men pulls a revolver out of his pants and aims at me point blank, well needless to say I backed off pretty quick and let them by to run to a waiting car. One of the neighbours was taken away in an ambulance not sure the state of his injuries. Man was I scared, have learned a big lesson that sometimes a call to 911 is all that is needed, dont try and be a hero life is too short. Im thanking my lucky stars that nobody got shot.

lowlight

Re: dont be a hero
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 02:09:02 AM »

Holy cupcakes, your username is suitable in this case!

Then again, it was probably just a coward with a fake gun.

Still, staying back is probably the better choice.

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 07:13:05 AM »

fake or not..better not to find out...

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005, 07:56:35 AM »

Just a few moments ago while trying to enjoy a tea outside we heard screams for help coming from the neighbours house, my gf quickly dialed 911, I grabbed the bat and went to investigate, well two masked men emerge from the neighbours garage and try to get past me in the alley, I pulled back the bat ready to start swinging and one of the men pulls a revolver out of his pants and aims at me point blank, well needless to say I backed off pretty quick and let them by to run to a waiting car. One of the neighbours was taken away in an ambulance not sure the state of his injuries. Man was I scared, have learned a big lesson that sometimes a call to 911 is all that is needed, dont try and be a hero life is too short. Im thanking my lucky stars that nobody got shot.

Dude!  Smart choice!

Thank God you're OK. I hope your neighbour is too!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005, 08:41:22 AM »

Just like DS said thank god you are OK. I hope that the person in the ambulance is alright as well. Your right it is safer to just call 9-1-1. Did you get the license plate number to the vehicle that they got away in?

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 09:41:24 AM »

Slight update, the family next door drove their car into the garage around midnight, when they opened the side garage door two men jumped them, the father was stabbed and pistol whipped the 7yr old son started running around the garage, the older son about 19 was on the ground being held at gunpoint when I arrived only minutes after the ordeal started, sounds like the father is ok he is still in the hospital. Looks like another home invasion, they are an asian wealthy asian family. Could not get the plate number, they had the car running and a driver, and I was trying to keep a fair distance so I didnt get shot. Regardless it was just lucky we were outside when this happened or esle we may not of heard it and the outcome would of probably been a lot worse. Kudos to the rcmp who where here within two minutes after calling 911.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 10:44:02 AM »

being home invaded, held at gunpoint and stabbed is something I am all to familiar with... unfortunately.
but.... on the bright side, I'm still here.....

lowlight

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 01:45:34 PM »

Sounds like wealthy asian familys are getting targeted by these cowardly scum. I read in the Richmond paper a few days ago about an invasion - they bound and gagged each and every member of the family as they came home. Eventually the disgusting thieves left

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005, 02:16:45 PM »

Home invasion will continue as long as our justice system keep handing out minimum sentences to these low lifes.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005, 04:36:58 PM »

don't worry those sons of b!tches will get there's  >:(

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 09:27:10 PM »

forget the bird shot......slug or ssg,s for sure.
44 mag will stop a cars engine at 100 yds ;)
Please honey can i go fishing now???