Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FN limits?  (Read 2715 times)

lude98r

FN limits?
« on: August 28, 2005, 07:00:44 PM »

sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering if a fn is fishing with a pole are they allowed to retain sockeye?

lude98r

Re: FN limits?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 07:33:22 PM »

The reason i ask this is my coworker who is native says he is allowed to , I said he shouldnt what r your takes?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »

was wondering the same thing. was up at seabird on saturday and saw a fn keeping sox will using a rod. when i told that sox where closed he said that's ok he has his status card and he can keep them. is this allowed.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 09:07:49 PM »

Interesting question, Why quiver over one sockeye when a drift net kills several times what one guy snag with a rod and reel ?

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 09:45:27 PM »

it does not matter the fns take what they want when they want and us sporties and the commercial guys get shafted like always :'( :'( :'(

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 06:45:36 AM »

Ya, thats just what we need ANOTHER fishing sector...FN SPORTS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Laffing my bag off right now.  My gut is the those fish are taken for "food" hence should be managed under the food fishery (which includes counting to quota and opening times etc)...

FA nailed it tho, why worry about one guy with a rod, that statement was directed at you but more importantly it applies to  DFO - thye have bigger fish to fry.

Hey FA, I assume the FN at seabird was flossing which makes your verbage very interesting ("snag").

FishinDawg

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 09:38:54 PM »

Im pretty sure they are, not quite positive though. I even saw one FN come down to the squamish where I was fishing and ask me if he could keep the pink I was fighting. I said no. ;D But still...