Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower Fraser Shore Casting for Pinks  (Read 2381 times)

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
Lower Fraser Shore Casting for Pinks
« on: August 14, 2005, 11:37:02 AM »

With the record 16 million pinks estimated to show up, I was interested if anyone would share some lower Fraser casting spots from the Port Mann bridge down.  I noticed there was a park there at the PM bridge so has anyone had any luck in the past?  I've heard River road can be productive and also the piers and shores around Richmond too.  I can understand that people might not want to give up secret spots which is cool, but with so many fish coming, there shouldn't be an issue with not hooking up I think.

Cheers   8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Lower Fraser Shore Casting for Pinks
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 11:47:37 AM »

I have heard Brownsville Bar and the surrounding area can be productive.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 11:51:13 AM »

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 12:53:16 PM »

antwhere along the lower fraser is good as long as you follow the tides. low tide works the best as the fish are pulled closer to shore within casting distance. i used white jig tails with regular success....you don't always need pink colors. and you have less snagged fish as well.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 02:10:28 PM »

I thought high tides would bring more fish in, but perhaps it wouldn't matter due to the size of the Fraser itself.  White jigs, Brownsville bar... all good.  Does New West have any good fishing spots? I've seen the rip rap walls having some decent flow by especially by that cycling pathway.  Might be a bit quick though.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 09:11:54 PM »

Generally just before high tide is best as it does bring the fish in. If you go for a drive in the areas you mentioned, in early September, you will have no trouble finding the popular spots with plenty of fish for everyone.