Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Fishfinder?  (Read 2549 times)

Centerpin

• To Fish Or Not To Fish Such A Stupid Question
New Fishfinder?
« on: August 13, 2005, 09:55:14 AM »

Hey Guys.

Well another birthday has come and gone, and I recieved money from the family to get myself a fishfinder for my boat.

I have been looing at several brands over the last week or so but I am not sure of the reliability or quality of them. I have been looking at Garmin,Hummingbird and Eagle.

So I would like to ask those of you that have fishfinders wich one you have and what you like or dislike about it.

I will be useing it in rivers and lakes mainly and I am not looking for a portable as I have a Fishingbuddy for the pontoon boat.

Thanks

Centerpin   8)
No Nookie Like Chinookie

Centerpin

• To Fish Or Not To Fish Such A Stupid Question
Re: New Fishfinder?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 09:52:49 PM »

Come on guys somebody must know something about fishfinders

Centerpin  8)
No Nookie Like Chinookie

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 07:15:08 AM »

hmmm....all I know about fishfinders is that I need one..... ;D....but am waitin' on reports as well....bein' as I fish the smaller lkaes and ponds...I'm leanin' toward a "side-finder" model....apparently Hummingbird is coming out with a new portable finder....is a 300 series finder....not out yet...but supposed to b soon...I'll hold off till its avaiable to check out.... ;)

mojo

ps just checked out the Humminbird 300tx.....looks like a decent finder....but could find no prices...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 01:16:24 PM by mojoman »
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:58:52 PM »

I have a Garmin 80 that I bought about 1 1/2 years ago.  It works great.

steelie5000

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 07:13:51 PM »

I would suggest the Garmin 240. I had one on my boat and it worked flawlessly. You need to find the right spot on your boat to mount the transducer and you will get readings at plane. Let me know if you need a hand mounting it. Better to do it right the first time, than to have to many holes in the transom......
Where there is water, I WILL fish.......