Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LOST MY LIFE AND FISHING PARTNER  (Read 3269 times)

stormrider

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE to fish
LOST MY LIFE AND FISHING PARTNER
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:08:35 AM »

I lost my beloved husband this July.  We did almost everything togeather, including fishing.  We both love to get a line in the water.  We had planned a chinook trip back to the Shushwap River between Enderby and Mabel Lake.  We went last year and it was the best holiday I ever had....Imagine two weeks, and fishing every single day!!!!  It was awesome.  Gordy caught one 15 pounder and all the others were jacks, but a great time.  I'm planning on going without him.  It will be hard, but I'm sure he will be there in spirit, cheering me on.  If anyone hears anything about the fishing in that area any reports would be greatly appreciated.  We met a great bunch there last year and they go every year....I'm looking forward to seeing the same bunch again this year.  Everyone was so helpful and friendly I have to fear of taking this trip myself.  What can I say?  I'm hooked on the sport.  I'll report back after I get back...I won't be leaving till the end of the month.  Hopefully the weather will cool off and the fishing will pick up.  Thanks for any info you can give me.

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: LOST MY LIFE AND FISHING PARTNER
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 08:33:19 AM »

I cant provide a fishing report for the area because i have never been there.... BUT i hope its non stop action for you and your trip goes perfect.  And good on ya to continue the sport even though it may be tough to do some times.  I am sure you are being watched and taken care of...

good luck
see ya on the river

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 08:35:41 AM »

I am sorry for you lose. You know he will always be there in spirit cheering you on and keeping you safe on the rivers. I used to fish with my opa all the time until he passed away and I know he is always with me on the river I always say hi. It sounds weird but it does not matter I know he is there.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »

Stormrider - A sad welcome to the board!  I know that the fish will be a little easier to land with you partner helping to reel them in.  Perhaps he'll be guiding them into the net for you.   

It's never easy to lose someone you care about, and have spent your life with, but in time the sad feelings will be painted over gently with the good memories of the fishing, and special moments you have spent together.

Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Looking forward to reading more from you as you continue here on the board.

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 12:49:19 PM »

Sounds like your partner enjoyed life, Stormrider, and that you are too.  I hope the fishing is good.