Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Angling On The Fraser Threatened, Cheam File Injunction  (Read 64346 times)

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
Re: Angling On The Fraser Threatened, Cheam File Injunction
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2005, 09:08:46 AM »

Bite the bullet Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Federal Government, things will get a lot worse before it gets better as our society and the fish continue to suffer because of inaction.

worse than CN rail spilling chemicals into the squish? worse than the clear cutting of trees in the past destroying salmon streams?

personally i'm bothered by the materialism in our non-native society and the go-go mentality at all costs...if we want the indians to slow down on fishing maybe we should slowdown in our own material consumption too...like did we really need to have the spend the money on the 2010 olympics?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Angling On The Fraser Threatened, Cheam File Injunction
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2005, 09:51:51 AM »

Bite the bullet Fisheries and Oceans Canada and the Federal Government, things will get a lot worse before it gets better as our society and the fish continue to suffer because of inaction.

worse than CN rail spilling chemicals into the squish? worse than the clear cutting of trees in the past destroying salmon streams?

personally i'm bothered by the materialism in our non-native society and the go-go mentality at all costs...if we want the indians to slow down on fishing maybe we should slowdown in our own material consumption too...like did we really need to have the spend the money on the 2010 olympics?
I have to agree on the logging thing you posted but were the two CNR derailments perventable?

As for the non native society I agree we are driven by materialism but most of the native society is driven the same way. Look at the trucks they are carrying their totes in now a days, far better vehicles than I can aford or would want. I do not think we or they will take step back to the old times.

Maybe we will and go and build a cabin and survive off the land by our wits. Wow, no computers, cel phone, micro waves, DVD players, home entertainment centers, SVU's with air conditioning that is pulling a jet boat, your favorite pub to down a pint or two, planes to travel across the world in afew hours and the list could go on.
 Sounds inviting doesn't it.. ;D ;D ;D