Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Meeting With The Environment Minister Re The Proposed Bait Ban  (Read 8529 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Re: Meeting With The Environment Minister Re The Proposed Bait Ban
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 11:08:18 PM »

Actually Chris, I have seen the Fraser, and the Vedder, and I do see what goes on there. Not that the bait fishers are behind anything, but I would have to say, I do see a whole lot of "non conservation" minded stuff and activities going on out there..most of which I saw by float fishers with yarn... but then again, not that I mean to harp on flossers..but you get my point....

Either way, if the Environment Minister wants to get serious on conservation, I'd like to see DFO and him get his rear on gear on the rogue Natives out there such as the Cheam and the Poachers---and farmers/forestry, and municipalities for their role in the destruction of fish stocks, fish habitat et al. 

No offense intended towards your cause Chris or people that fish with bait, but on the other hand, reviewing Rodney's post immediately after yours, I have NEVER thought that "what it would do to user groups including kids" should ever be a factor in conservation concerns--and that is precisely the approach that many unlawful fishers or  "interest" groups shall I say...(this isn't directed at Sports or Commercial) take.

Ok..never mind the bait ban in Freshwater, as I don't think people that fish with bait are the problem...but on the other hand, a bait ban in Saltwater would most definitely be an asset to conservation. :)

On the other hand, somehow along the line, I believe that the bait bain is designed to try to reduce the hooking and by catch of runs with a conservation concern.

Maybe my last post was "ill conceived", but then again it does have it's merits.

EXCELLENT! :)

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 11:15:32 PM »

Thanks very much for the post.

I imagine you follow the work of the SDA, CRAC, CVRCC, FVSS, SFAC, SFAB, Drift Fishers,and the list could go on. These groups are all working on these things you mention but we are all volunteers and we do our best but it is not an easy task as you can appreciate.

Almost a full time job with no time to fish sometime. ::)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 11:25:59 PM »

yeah..I bet Chris..and it's a sad day in democracy when voices go unheard and unheeded by people in the interests of appeasing those that blatantly rip the system off...

Kudos and hats off to dedicated volunteers like yourself! :)

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

blueback

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 11:26:27 PM »

Nice Work Chris, Gwyn and Nick!!!