Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: July 8th salt report  (Read 1738 times)

allwaysfishin

July 8th salt report
« on: July 09, 2005, 12:02:18 AM »

not a whole lot of reports from local waters in the past week. the weather has not been great for the average boater. That said, there have been increasing reports of coho in local waters, notably around the fishery station and dundarave areas and they have been hitting white glo eye hoochies, mini purple haze hoochies, anchovie and the odd gypsy or pt defiance spoon. The Pt grey bellbouy seems to have slowed but weather may be the main factor in the lack of reports. I have also been hearing rumours that poiler has gone somewhat spotty but Active Pass is picking up for springs mainly on anchovie and coyote spoons. Some folks i talked to the other day also had a couple pretty good days up around the defense island area of Howe sound, cutplug herring and anchovie taking 3 springs in the mid to high teens. 1 was marble , 2 were reds. I have also heard of the odd pink in the same area and i'm not sure if this is an early showing or just an anomaly or it could have been poor identification.
well, that's all for now, i'll do somemore homework and get back to ya'all
P.S. I'm always looking to get out on local saltwater on mondays and tuesdays, have my own gear, bait ect but no boat yet  ;D ....... soon can't be soon enough...... i need to get floating

FISHIN MAGICIAN

Re: July 8th salt report
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 10:17:20 AM »

Springs mixed with the Cohos out there. Was down at Granville Island yesterday and a local charter guy came in with 2 small jacks...and a 18 lb spring. Spring was right off the bottom. 90 feet closer to the fisheries...Anchovies were his ticket with a long leader...his leader looked like 8 to 9 feet long!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 04:22:38 PM »

yup, 8 to 10 ft with the chovies, 3 to 4 ft with the hoochies and 5 or 6 with the spoons.
Also hot off the press, more action around dundarave and the fisheries station today with small springs and a few coho. some big coho reported as well in the 6 to 8lbs class ( big for the cap anyways)
Also the T-10 has lit up a bit with fish in the mid twenties being taken at around 40 to 80 ft with coyote cop car and yellowtail (eel) and anchovies. same leaders as above. a guy might want to try cutpluggin the T-10 right now as well, with a medium to large herring.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 12:50:31 PM »

multiple reports coming in from the Pt Grey bell buoy on the high this morning. Some very good sized chinook !!!! mid to high twenties and a 36 lb apparently. fishing 40 to 100 ft with chovies and coyotes.
6 or 7 differrent reports from that area this A.M. so you know it's a gooder!!! go get em, the tides are perfect in the morning tomorrow.

salmon assasin

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »

sweet... ;D
thanks for the update Thomas